Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waterlooball charity event in ireland
hi all

i,m going to be helping out at this event which i think every club member with out a delorean would like to keep reading there a delorean up for auction i will know more about this when i go to see them in april so if any up for a bid for chartiy then i would fly over on the event date or let me up date you as i find out more about this car when i get the informaton on it ( but i have had word it a very very good car )

( some words about the event sent to me )

The Lord's Taverners and every two years we have an event called the waterloo Ball, for 1,000 guests (visit www.waterlooball.com ) and the charity auction usually raises over £100,000 and this year Glen Hale from the Delorean Owners club tells us that the car going to be aution off for charity is a very rare car and only a few off them was built......
Its a charity event in Northern Ireland Glen not Ireland, its one of the biggest fund raising events we have in the country. I was at it in 2006 with my father and directors from Guinness. You would not believe some of the things they auction, my father and I bought an all expenses trip to the Renault F1 factory, cost a fair bit but it was worth it.

I might have to get him to buy another table this year!
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
hi

its sounds like a cool event i find out mor ewhen i come over in april matey Big Grin hope to see you again when i come over
Got this yesterday... Al, can you make contact?

-----------

Hi There

I was wondering if you could please help me with a unique problem./ I represent a celeberity charity in N Ireland, The Lord's Taverners and every two years we have an event called the waterloo Ball, for 1,000 guests (visit www.waterlooball.com ) and the charity auction usually raises over £100,000 and this year we have been very fortunate in that a patron of the charity has donated his Delorean for the Auction. We would like some expert advice on how to make the most of this very generous offer for the Charity etc.

Please call me any time on 07775842488

faugh - A - ballagh

Leo
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
stunned_monkey Wrote:Got this yesterday... Al, can you make contact?

-----------

Hi There

I was wondering if you could please help me with a unique problem./ I represent a celeberity charity in N Ireland, The Lord's Taverners and every two years we have an event called the waterloo Ball, for 1,000 guests (visit www.waterlooball.com ) and the charity auction usually raises over £100,000 and this year we have been very fortunate in that a patron of the charity has donated his Delorean for the Auction. We would like some expert advice on how to make the most of this very generous offer for the Charity etc.

Please call me any time on 07775842488

faugh - A - ballagh

Leo

I think the world and his wife got this email, lol. Could be a very interesting car :wink: However we need to get more details and someone who knows about them to look at it and verify what it is. I think It relly is down to someone in N.Ireland to check it out and report back.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I will give this guy Leo a ring now.

Full report after I speak with him.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
Just off the phone with the organiser, leo.

Seems the car in question needs some work, I have told them I will pop up during the week and give the car the once over.

Seeing as its for an auction they want the car to reach as high a bid as possible.

He does not know the vin number but I will get that when I am there.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
There's a particular car I'm interested in in Ireland - the Wooler Hodec RHD owned by Peter.
I hope it's not this one that's up for auction - I'm not dressed for a ball!

Let us know Al!

Thanks

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
hi there

looks like it out of my hands thanks alister i will still be going over there in april to look at it but know the car is out in the open which leo wanted then we will be greatfull for all the help about it i did tell him that the best person to talk to was either dave h or chris p on this subject and know that alister has looking into it makes my life a little easy due to the big pound in the middle of us :o
Its not Peters car thats for sure.

I dont have any other details on this car other than where its located.

I will have plenty of details once I have seen her.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
Bit of an update for you all.

Still have not seen the car in the flesh but the organisers have sent me a few pictures.
All I know is that it is NOT A RHD, its a pretty much mint condition LHD 82' flat bonnet with badge and a grey interior.

There is a reserve of £15,000 on the car and having been to a few of these events over the years I cant see this car going for less than £18,000. This is an event for multi-millionaires and once they get drink into them the wallets are on the table.

The car is available for viewing at the Lexus garage in Belfast from the middle of April, I will head down and get some pictures.

Shame its not a RHD but it will make a great concourse collector car for some rich guy.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
Slightly off topic I know, but any news on the black-painted D that was on Ebay a few months ago Alistair?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Ummm, can, open, worms everywhere......

Don't really want to talk about it, let's just say its one of the reasons I am not on the DOI forum anymore.

Nuff said?
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland