Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the ??????
Can any one tell me why have i got three wierd looking brass type looking strange wierd type screwy yet bolty looking things coming out of the inlet manifold near the throttle body end are they any thing special is just i only noticed them the other day while i was checking something...

any ideas any one
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
the delorean intake/fueling system doesn't use those bolts, so they need to be snugly down.

they're used on Volvo builds (I think) to control idle speed (or something)

just ignore them. they don't to anything for us.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Throttle bypass screws to balance the banks and adjust the "headroom" on the idle system. Thet very definitely do have a purpose on the DeLorean, and although one section of the manual tells you not to use them, another tells you how to use them. They were not set up at the factory but can be extremely useful on finely tuned engines and sometimes those with stalling problems,
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
well there you go.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Screwing all of the brass screws in then undo the 2 nearest you by 2 full turns.

When the car is warmed up and idling Open the back one until the idle speed increases then back it in by 1/8 of a turn.

This will give an air bypass past the throttle plate so the idle speed control valve will only idle up the last 75 rpm or so. This should reduce some idle oscillation.

NickT