Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footman James
"Footman James" quoted me £250 for fully comp, UK and Europe incl breakdown. Not a bad deal in my opinion so I went with it.

Adrian Flux quoted 380£ plus another £50 for breakdown!

Only issue with FJ is you have to pay full year premium up front, no quarterly payments allowed.
VIN #2969
DOC UK # 609
That sounds pretty competitive Smile

Will give them a try when my renewal comes up in April.

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just had a renewal through from Footman James - £255.60. I wanted to put my other classic cars on it but she said that as the value of the D was much higher than the others, then the underwriter covering the other cars wouldn't touch it. And to put the other cars on the same policy as the Delorean would have invoked a huge price hike and a mileage limit of 6000 ACROSS ALL VEHICLES, which is very limiting as I use the other classics as everyday cars.

So I stuck with it. Once the car is over 30 years old, however, it will drop onto an unlimited mileage policy so I can then put the other cars onto it (or whatever cars I have at that time!)

Plus, the American Classic Vehicle policy was £255.60, the 'Classic Vehicle Policy' was over £300...

It seems the D is eligible for either.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Try Richard Hoskins,

They're not scared of car values, untill you exceed £1/2 million :lol:

£20K is loose change to them.

£92 per year fully comp on my D Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Try Richard Hoskins,

Yes but how old are you!, i might ring around a few companies for quotes even though i won't buy the Delorean for a few years, however having been able to insure a 25 v6 turbo and a 190 mercedes cosworth i should be alright!
[Image: resize.jpg]
prabmire Wrote:
Darren C Wrote:Try Richard Hoskins,

Yes but how old are you!, i might ring around a few companies for quotes even though i won't buy the Delorean for a few years, however having been able to insure a 25 v6 turbo and a 190 mercedes cosworth i should be alright!

you'd be surprised - although we do have quite a few 'younger' owners on here, so it might
be worth speaking to people like Scott Miller re this.

Its daft really, cos your Merc and R25 would pee all over a standard DeLorean, and to be fair,
you'd probably drive the De alot more responsibly, but you'll probably find insurance companies
wont take this into consideration. :roll:
i was looking at the classic car policy and it said to if you cant say yes to these questions then we cant isnure you:

• Is not a grey or parallel import including US imports.

grey or parallel import? eh?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Wikipedia is your friend !

A parallel import is a non-counterfeit product imported from another country without the permission of the intellectual property owner. Parallel imports are often referred to as grey product, and are implicated in issues of international trade, and intellectual property.

Dan
Ah thanks dan. That's cleared that up
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I can remember reading bike mags in my 2 wheeled days, and them having listings for 'grey
imports', which were basicially bikes that normally were not UK spec and had been imported
from Japan as an example and offered for sale, as opposed to normal UK spec bikes sold through
authorised dealers.

A similar scenario, is that near where I work, is a car supermarket. The other year, they
were selling (advertising as new) 3.2 Petrol Viano's (never sold in the UK), which had been
sitting about in Japan for 4 years. They were booking them in with us to have UK spec speedo's
fitted, and the switchgear and sat nav changed to get rid of the Japanese writing. I wonder
if they ever told their customers about the changes....... they also sell alot of "new" cars that
are are non UK spec imports from Southern Ireland, these are classed as parallel imports. These
are easy to spot, as they dont have things like visible Vin Numbers, which you will find on any
UK spec car offered for sale.

Good luck with your insurance hunting Mike Smile
£360, down from £620 from flux, big saving, itll do for another year, everything seems to have gone up in the past year :o :evil: @Brown
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I've just had my Aon renewal notice.

I hadn't realised that Aon and FootmanJames are now the same company, so all of the renewal documents are under the FJ terms and conditions.

Of course both are actually underwritten by Royal&SunAlliance.

John C
lol, tell me about it John.

I had a car accident just over 3yrs ago, I was insured with Churchill, and the driver who hit
me was insured with Direct Line. All their paperwork is the same, bar the logo's, and my
solicitors are now taking DL to court as they wont pay up, even tho they've admitted liability.

Wooden dollars......... :roll: