Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi to everyone in the DOC from new memeber!
Great news on the MOT Dan !
The DOC certainly know how to welcome new members!! Tongue Cheers everyone!! Big Grin Great news with the MOT Dan! I am on the forum most nights so I'll have to look out for any shows I do have the problem of transport to and from them though because dad is bogged down with work and so is mum. Also I can't drive legally....or very safely, around anything living that is!! :wink:
neal Wrote:You sound like a young claire, a number one Quentin wilson fan (not that you are getting old claire) :wink:

haha, swiftly recovered there Neal! lol :lol: (did you borrow the shovel from Phill?)

Mind you it is scary to think that I am old enough to be a mother of some new members these days Shock

Welcome to the loony bin/Forum Rach Big Grin

Claire
(no kids, just lots of cars Big Grin )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Many thanks Claire for reminding me that i could now be the father (just) of some new members. Rach, I think you are the yongest member now. What the heck is a Jowett. It sounds like something that protects the dubery flop out the way of the gimble plug.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
I don't know how to reply to that!! Big Grin Ever heard of a Jowett Bradford, javelin or jupiter. The Jowett company went bust in 1954 so not many people can remember them (only old people... but don't tell the club I said that!! Please!!! :lol: ) I don't know how to explain this. Damn. If I see any on the net I'll give you the address. Sorry I can't tell you anymore! :oops:

P.S. You are joking are'nt you, me being the youngest member that is!! Shock Oh Dammit not again!! :lol:
err is it these? http://www.jowettjupiter.co.uk/jup_pix.htm

Google is your friendSmile

btw welcome to the club, the more brits to take the deloreans off the americans the betterSmile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Yeah thats one type, we don't have a jupiter though. We have two Javelins, 1 kestrel and 9 bradfords (only three bradfords are on the road)
Big Grin
cool, altho i dont really like them so much, maybe im just hooked on deloreans abit too much
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I don't really want a jupiter and we won't be getting one either if I have anything to do with it!!, even though mum wants one. For christ sake she won't even drive my 1982 mini, partly because she doesn't like cars without power stearing and she thinks that she will look like a complete pratt driving one!! (mini that is) :lol:
thats good in a way, no competition when you can drive your own D, i know i wont let any1 else behind the driver seat of mine unless its somewhere in a big open space, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I'd love to drive a d but i would'nt trust myself!! :lol: :lol: Only joking, I can't be that bad... can I? Shock :?:
i dont know, only 1 way to find out Big Grin
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Whilst looking up what the other Jowett models were I personally prefer the Jupitor, reminds me a little of the Jaguar XK120. The same website I found also showed this UK registed grey 5-speed.... use guessed it DELOREAN!!!!

http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/vehic ... =296717134

So who is the owner, are they on the list? URR 661X with a slight Roger Moore going on if you know what I mean...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
ooo someone has good taste. In having a delorean that is, not having a thing about roger moore
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I'm really sorry but i think the jupiter looks like something Roger Rabbit would drive. Big Grin
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor