Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow in the dark paintwork
Would this be road legal in the UK? If for instance the wings were painted in the pigment so that they would glow yellow or blue in the dark?
Dave S
DOC #479
Wiltshire
Id imagine its very illegal.

Anything that illuminates other than the designated white / amber for front and white (Reverse) red and amber for the rear would possibly be against the law.

I remember years ago, a friend painted his car different colours (Like Graffiti) was told his "Artwork" was illegal, and he had to paint it the same plain colour that was in the log book, or recieve points and a fine. :roll:

Im also pretty sure that your luminous paint, regardless of the "glow" would be illegal, if you dont ammend your log book to match the colour.

I think glow is a "No" :?
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
well the original colour would be unaffected - as the glow pigment would be in the clear laquer that would cover the panels?
Dave S
DOC #479
Wiltshire
Mind you, Automan got away with it !
[Image: automan3.jpg]
[Image: automan2.jpg]
:lol:
Nostalgise alert!!! Great idea, rip off Tron and see if it will last with a poor script.... result was being cancelled after just one season. I remember catching this when I was very young. If I remember correctly the car drove much like the lightcycles...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
when was that on the tv then? anyone
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Yeah it did. lol
Cursor to car !
Cursor to helicopter!
Cursor to chesse sandwich etc. :lol:

Well early 80's Tony. 83 I think.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084978/

IMDB is the greatest!!! As the series ran between 1983-84 there is a good bet that it did not reach Saturday tea time on BBC1 until late 84/85. I remember being hooked on Whiz Kids around that time Wink

Type John DeLorean on IMDB and see what you get...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I didnt appear untill '87 so I didnt know about all this!
Dave S
DOC #479
Wiltshire
Birksie Wrote:Yeah it did. lol
Cursor to car !
Cursor to helicopter!
Cursor to chesse sandwich etc. :lol:

Well early 80's Tony. 83 I think.

Oh i was too busy drinking then so i must have lost a year some where :lol: :lol: :lol:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I was 6 back in 87.I wouldn't know I was to busy looking at the back to the future car and wondering what it was.And here I am 19 years later. :lol:
So I take it that it would not be legal then?
Dave S
DOC #479
Wiltshire