Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Issues
My buzzer unit has been taken out, it was just the connector I found. Defintly jumper the two pins together, its the middle two and then the belt light will work as it should. Not that its very usful but I wanted it working because its there.
VIN: 6511
I'm still not sure if i've found the right plug or not. This one was way too loose on the buzzer, should there be a booster clip or something that goes inside the plug before its connected to the buzzer do you think? I suppose the best thing to do is have the binnacle out, then i can re mount the plate properly, and see if theres another connector around there somewhere. Whats throwing me is that its wrapped as part of a loom, but it looks quite a stretch to the buzzers proper housing. There is also a wire been tapped into as Chris stated,(Dont know if its been spliced, or cut and joined, making the plug redundant until I re-wire it.....) I still don't know though..... :?:

My concern is if I interfere with it too much, I'll disturb something thats working ok at the moment, then I'll be proper mad!

LOL

If the 2 centre wires are the same colour as you mention Dan, its got to be the plug hasn't it?
All the wires are as follows:

Purple (Permanent 12v to buzzer box)
Purple/Blue (Feed from 2nd door switch)
Black/Purple (Seat belt switch, earthed when belt unpluged)
Purple/Yellow (negative side of seatbelt bulb)
Black (Earth feed for buzzer unit)
White/Red (Ignition switch)

If you have all those colours then thats the connector. Simply bridge the 2 I said to allow the bulb to be earthed when belt is unpluged.
Ben

Taking the binical out will not help you get to the buzzer, its mounted to a plate which clips to the top of the pedal box. As I mentioned the wire I tapped into is an earth for the remote bonnet release, you should see a big blue scotchlock there...NO, dont worry Nick only kidding its spliced...honest :lol: Big Grin
Oh and that plate is a pain to put back in the right place!! :wink:

Item No 6 is the buzzer
[Image: 3-6-2.gif]
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
ChrisS Wrote:you should see a big blue scotchlock there...

Mines got a couple under there where the alarm system is spliced into the indicator lights Shock I'm going to re-do them properly very soon though. Ive only had the car a week and already removed countless dodgy crimps from it, mainly the radio wiring, and replaced them with proper soldered joints with heatshrink.
I agree with Chris that buzzer plates a real nightmare to get back in. I recently changed the steering column bush so had to remove mine.
Its an odd shape, not quite the same as the frame on the column. My advice is really study how its fitted before you take it out, and maybe put a blob of tippex on it as a reference for when you put it back in.

Probably designed by Rubik.

Don't take out the binnacle you can't get to it from the top due to the GRP dash panel between the steering column and binnacle.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
WHATS WRONG WITH MY CRIMPS :lol:
DOC # 595
Quote: This one was way too loose on the buzzer, should there be a booster clip or something that goes inside the plug before its connected to the buzzer do you think?

The buzzer has a bit of plastic glued onto the back of the connector PCB to make it thicker - I bet it has broken off on your buzzer....
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Next episode.... Dont worry, I didn't take the binnacle out. Seems the mounting plate was already just "floating" round as apposed to being fixed. I could get the plate down far enough to unbolt the buzzer, then I put the plate more or less back where it came from. Yes Chris, a spot on job with the splicing, and that was the correct plug.... I'm now under the impression the buzzer unit is foobarred. Plugging it in don't even turn the seat belt light on, yet jumpering the wires mentioned does. Wiggling the buzzer in its socket causes the seat belt light to flicker, and make the buzzer fart like it's ill.

And to top the lot off, the bloody hazard warning lights packed up.... I knew it!!!

Just as well I bought an owners manual and I realised the Hazards were in the same circuit as the buzzer control box.....

I was scratching my head and swearing a little before I realised I'd blown a fuse...... tut tut

I've jumpered the wires for the seat belt light, and decided to buy a new buzzer next time I order stuff from DMC.

I don't know why I'm even bothering, because I expect if i get it working as it should, it will get on my wick after a while like Chris said! LOL