Has anyone got these? If so, HELP!
This is one that Phill made - [Image: bmw.gif] :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Looks like Guinney :oops:
DOC # 595
The most recent addition to my car were the sill letters as shown below. When I bought my car it had them in the rear bumper, so I felt it should match collars and cuffs as so to speak 8)

[Image: sillletters.jpg]

The above reminds of the front grill, although the letters are a tad larger Big Grin

The first proper DeLorean I ever saw was Dave Howarth's 1100 mile Arizona car back in 1995, (I think today the mileage has reached 1500 miles) and I always thought that the sill letters always looked like something that may have been added at the factory. I used 'Hafixs performance glue' to attach them. This stuff is awesome, it works how Superglue should work. It sets in seconds, is transparent and bloody strong. I bought the glue at the NEC, but sure you could source some another way if you wanted to go down that route.

I forgot to clean my fingerprints off the letters from pushing them down to stick them... Tongue
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Be carefull what gifs you make though Shock
[Image: bouncing2os.gif]
Shock
DOC # 595
nice Shock Shock Shock tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:nice Shock Shock Shock tt

Yes nice TT 's too ! Smile
I just noticed read the title of this thread and then look at that gif :oops:
made me laugh :lol:
DOC # 595
more to the point just who IS that girl ! Smile
Cant remember her name, but she nearly had my eye out twice,,lol :lol: :lol:
DOC # 595
I had the same as them pictured before (The sill letters, not the jungle jugs) and i pulled them off to fit these. I tried the evo stick, and although they mostly stuck, i wasn't happy becaause you could see the tan coloured glue between the fins. I decided to abort, clean it all up which took ages, and go polyurethane/tiger seal. Here i sit, totally black hands, probably till easter..... and tomorrow i'll take all the masking tape off to reveal the finished article. I got a DMOCO stainless shifter and polished knob coming, i hope that isnt as involved as this polave!!!

I'll let you all know how it dries off........
I wouldn't use clear silicone as we use it at work to seal building panels. It'll last about 2 years before it goes cloudy and falls off (despite the 25 year guarantee. It's only valid if you leave it in the tube! )

I agree that tiger bond is messy, but if you use it sparingly it's ok.

I plan to tape it from moving then put a piece of wood with a brick on top of my SS letters to weigh them down while the Tiger bond sets overnight.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
As for the moving pictures.......I haven't figured out the still photos yet!

Regards
Dinosaur D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Ben,

Can you post "a polished Knob coming" on the forum.

I thought you guys were decent!

D

PS dont get Tiger bond on it.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I'll post some pivs tomorrow!
I'm sure the lady's will be impressed.

Theres a nut on your shaft under your knob that you'll need to unscrew and set as a lock nut when you line up your new knob.

I think this advice will help you pull it off.

D
VIN 4532

DOC-574