Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New from Belgium
Hallo everybody

I thought I would just introduce myself to the forum. I'm new here, but I have had a DeLorean for about 5 years now ...

Anyway, I'm Verbrugghe Andy and I'm from Belgium. I've been to Eurofest last may, so maybe some of you guys know who I am (I drove one of the 4 Belgian DeLoreans out there ...). I remember talking to some of you guys, but unfortunatly, I can't remember any names. Normally, I recognise people by the cars they drive, but in this case, it isn't that simple ... :wink:
I've been a DeLoreanfreak ever since I saw Back to the Future the first time in the eighties and wondered what car Marty was driving / flying. I've loved it ever since, but never thought the day would come that I would actually own one myself (since there not that many around, let alone one for sale here in Belgium). But since november 2001, I'm the proud owner of VIN#04610 (oct '81). It's one with a manual gearbox and a grey interior, the 2 things that had to be there when I was searching for my car. If it's up to me, I'm never going to sell it again ...
I think I was actually one of the first guys who buyed a DeLorean in Belgium for 'driving' it (instead of 'an investment'). But since then, DeLoreanitis has spread very fast over here. So fast in fact, that since the beginning of 2006 there is now an official DeLorean Club Belgium (with allready 22 members ! - not all of them drive a DeLorean). With that, there is also a new DeLorean Service Center, located in Bruges. We try to come together as much as possible at meetings and our Belgian record stands (at the moment) at 10 DeLoreans at one meeting. A milestone for a small country as Belgium ! We're aiming to break that number next summer ...

Anyway, I just thought I'de introduce myself to the group !

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
www.deloreanservice.be

PS. Since I don't have any 'digital' pictures I'll put one here that was taken of me and my car last summer at a meeting in France. You can always recognise mine, since it's the only Belgian DeLorean with the banner on the front windscreen (http://www.retourverslefutur.net ).

[Image: dsc00284va3.jpg]
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
hi their welcome on board mate
cheers
tracey
vin 6484
rhd
Hi Andy

Welcome to the board !

Who do i get in touch with over there 'Secretary' wise?
Hi Andy welcome. Hey guys why don't some of us go over and pay Andy a visit next year. Might be a laugh. You know, good old Belgian beer and all that. I hear torettes Tony likes a drink now and then. What do you think. Weekend away always good.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
I'd like to take a trip out to europe in my D in the next year or so.

Belgium seems quite a good place to head for Smile

I'm up for it. :lol:

Welcome Big Grin :wink:

jesus, how tall are you? 6'6"? Shock
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Welcome to the Forum Andy! Big Grin
Its always nice to see new owners :wink:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
WELCOME TO THE FORUM ANDY Smile
Hi everybody

@bozzzydmc : DCB-contact is Frederik Vanacker (frederik.van.acker@prodim.biz). DSC-contact are Steve Entwistle and Gabor van Enschot (info@deloreanservice.be).

@Barson : I'm almost 2.00m (that's about 6 feet I think ?) ...

And offcourse, everybody is welcome in Belgium !! In fact, we were thinking of doing a (extended) weekend in England next year. No definitive plans yet, just some thoughts. We'll see ...
We're having a meeting begin december to see what we will be doing next year. First thing on the agenda is a small oldtimershow in Bruges (january), where we will have a small stand (2 cars ?) to promote the Belgian club and Service Center. Off course, everybody is welcome !

If you guys organise a trip to Belgium, let me know ! So I can let the other Belgians know ...

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
www.deloreanservice.be
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Andy Wrote:Hi everybody

@bozzzydmc : DCB-contact is Frederik Vanacker (frederik.van.acker@prodim.biz). DSC-contact are Steve Entwistle and Gabor van Enschot (info@deloreanservice.be).

@Barson : I'm almost 2.00m (that's about 6 feet I think ?) ...

And offcourse, everybody is welcome in Belgium !! In fact, we were thinking of doing a (extended) weekend in England next year. No definitive plans yet, just some thoughts. We'll see ...
We're having a meeting begin december to see what we will be doing next year. First thing on the agenda is a small oldtimershow in Bruges (january), where we will have a small stand (2 cars ?) to promote the Belgian club and Service Center. Off course, everybody is welcome !

If you guys organise a trip to Belgium, let me know ! So I can let the other Belgians know ...

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
www.deloreanservice.be

Well that sounds like a great idea for a joint club meet! i will drop you / your guys a line and see if we can sort something out, for June next year, be really good to see you all !
i`ll be up for that too,now we`ve got marty on the rd we can enjoy ourselves better.

tracey
vin 6484
rhd
Hello there in Belgium!!! I am a new member too!! Welcome to the club! Everyone I have spoken to so far is really nice, its great is'nt it. They're all mad but fantastic too!! Big Grin :lol: :lol: Big Grin
Mike. Please don't make the Belgian meet up on the weekend of Le-man . Le-man is usually arond the weekend of the 17th June. And i wanna go to both.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor