Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
I apologise in advance if I make a hash of this but Im new here, so go easy on the newbie, Smile
My name is Allen and I am in the process of importing a Delorean to the uk.
It is not an "unmollested" version,
It is a very mollested version. Shock
Ill try to put u a link to the ebay listing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 84887&rd=1
hope that works and you can see it. id appreciate coments to know wether you people are disgusted or happy with a customised Del
HOPE THIS WORKS fingers crossed,, :?
DOC # 595
Hey Allen....that car's.....different!

Actually, the previous owner hasn't done anything to the car that isn't reversible. If you're happy with the car - that's what matters.
Changing the colour of some of the interior trim, swapping seat covers, wheels, etc is not a big deal if one day you wanted to return the car to stock.

Main thing is that you enjoy the car - and get another DeLorean on the road!
Let us know when the car's almost here and I'll help you through the import process and save you some money.

Also - I'd check out the frame rust - that could mean anything. When people paint over rust - I get worried!

And...welcome to the forum!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
WOW!! That will be the brightest D in the country. and all that shiney metal 8) Welcome to the forum, you will find everyone hear more than helpful.
If not already a member you could consider joining the DOC UK
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thank you for the warm welcomes. Big Grin
I did have concernes about the rust he mentioned but after many emails and the guy has sent me more photos and posted a video on you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx17ML7jsfU
he has put my mind at ease, nothing I cant handle,
the only real concern I have is the high tick over,
but its possibly just a sensor or at worst the idle speed control valve needs a serious wack with a hammer,,lol :wink:
with the car will come the original wheels and also various other goodies he has "aquired"
Ill keep you all posted.
Thanks again
Allen
DOC # 595
Hi Allen

Welcome to the forum and the DOC ! Smile

Looking forward to seeing you and your car soon

Regards
I have always wondered what the silver finish on the windows would look like....

Do you know when the car is expected into the UK?

Welcome to the forum by the way!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Hello Chris
It should be here within the next 3 weeks, depending on customs,
Smile
DOC # 595
Er, I kind of like it.

It will certainly stand out at the next Eurotec, and I bet the previous owner spent big money getting it to look like that.

I would however ask if he still has the stock wheels.....

John C
O.M.G Shock

I Don't like it when D's get customized But-

DAMM!!!

That looks Cool!

P.s Welcome to the Mad House!!! :lol: :twisted: Big Grin
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
thanks for the feedback guys, I expected total hostility, I know some will see it as a bad thing and others good,
yes John the stock wheels are coming with it,
the ones he has fitted Im not to sure about it has 16" front and 18" rear with lower profile tyres to the rear ,
I wanted a Del for years but at the same time I do like to be different
Il post some actual pics when it arrives
DOC # 595
NICE CAR MATEY I ANT GOT THE ROOM FOR THAT BASS BOX ON THE BACK O F MY TIME MACHINE BUT I LIKE THE FLUX :lol:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Thank you Glen & Sam I think I made a good choice, Time will tell,
excuse the pun :oops:
I was taken with your car, good job there, I hope to see it in the flesh one day,
and as to the flux, I did think when someone asks me "wheres the flux capacitor" Ill just point at it
Allen
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:and as to the flux, I did think when someone asks me "wheres the flux capacitor" Ill just point at it
Allen

Yes thats just the reason why i have one Smile
Hi, welcome to the forum mate.

Nice car it's very individual, but, is that a plutonium reactive chamber thingy under the hood?????....... Big Grin
Kelvin Tan
Hi bud, I certainly hope it is not a plutonium reactor, Ican just about afford the petrol to put in it, I bet the going rate for plutonium is a bit steap.
Im told its a audiobhaun 1500 watt amp. I was tired of being able to hear anyway so this should blow my ears off in no time,lol Tongue
DOC # 595