Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
Yeah, me too guys, just say when. The only time I can't make it is easter weekend. Anytime between now and then Smile
WOOHOOOOO
[Image: plate1.jpg]
At long bloody last :lol:
Im like a dog with 2 tails :lol:
DOC # 595
Well done mate, you are living the dream already!

Ben
Great news mate, i have been following your progress. Glad to hear things are going your way Big Grin
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
Im back at last,
first job done :lol:
[Image: DSC00796.jpg]
DOC # 595
Big Grin At last!!

One thing though, all that bling on your D and you go and stick a plastic yellow plate on the back! :wink: Have you got a front one on it?

Is your rear bumper all painted grey? The middle bit doesn't look black in that picture.
VIN: 6511
Some of us dont agree with breaking the law,,like you young fiends :lol:
Its a number plate,,nothing more, maybe later Ill get a better number for it and then get an illegal California plate,,like you :wink:
the whole of the rear is grey and the area around the plate is black, Ill admit its a sort of matt black and that makes it look grey.
The front plate is not on it yet,I didnt have any white plastic bolts, but it will sit on the stainless plate holder that slots in under the stone guard, Ill mount the plate as low as poss, that way Ill hear just the plate break before I damage the front skirt :?
DOC # 595
on this plate
[Image: DSC00704.jpg]
DOC # 595
Ah cool. What state did your car come from? I got a california plate cos thats where it was first registered new. I just need 1982 license stickers for it to make it perfect.

I can see the numberplate bit is black. I meant the bit with 'delorean' on looked painted. I didn't realize it was all grey painted! When you said it was grey I just thought you meant the bits that are normaly painted were just done darker, not the whole lot. Did you have that done? It doesn't look like that on your little picture on your profile thingy.
Its last owner was in Illinois. this is its last plate
[Image: DSC00798.jpg]
Im not sure where it was first registered, the paper work only goes back 2 owners and I think Im number 5,
All the paint work was done before I had it, John, the last owner, replaced both front and rear facias. Im not sure exactly why he replaced them. I dont think it was accident damaged. possibly cracks and to many stone chips :?
DOC # 595
Oh I see. Its just this pic: [Image: 30-12-2007174525-1.jpg] it still looks like the bumper is black in the lower section. Must be the light or something.

Anyway its great news that its now registered Big Grin Cant wait to see it and let its tires down. :wink: Have you mended that eyebrowing on the front?
In this one you can see the rear facia colour better, and you can see it goes front to back along the side skirts
[Image: 30-12-2007174525.jpg]
DOC # 595
Oh yeah I can see it better now. It actually looks quite smart Big Grin Personally Id take the dmc sticker off the side and loose the silver windows. But thats just my opinion of course.
Ill hopefully do the eyebrows sometime soon,..its been hectic latley, and when I have had the time its been chucking it down or to cold, but from now on work on it starts properly,
Ill add update pics as I do it :wink:
I have a huge "to do " list
Starting
window motors,
wire and fit remote central locking , window closure and alarm system
refit interior<< NOT replace interior
replace mirror glass........etc etc
somewhere about 20th place is "reshape front facia"
but top of the list is STOP DREAMING AND GET BUSY YOU FAT G*T :lol:
DOC # 595
Ive got a to do list too Big Grin

Refit drivers door glass with new seal.
Remove rear windows and re-paint black body tub sections behind the glass.
Stop passenger door mirror wobbling about when I drive more than 50mph.
Let Allen's tires down.
Change the antenna as it doesn't retract all the way down unless I poke it.

The latter would be easy job but when I stripped the areal out to look at it the areal wire is stuck in it and runs all through the car to the radio. You would think it would unplug at the areal end wouldn't you. :roll: Oh well at least they are cheap.

Why are you 'NOT' replacing the interior? I thought you said you were changing it for a different color?