Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you most like to change about your DeLorean?
A bit of a general question, but I'm interested to hear the responses.
I've allocated some R&D budget for 2008, and wondered how existing owners would most like to improve aspects of their cars.

It could be uprated engine performance, a more affordable stainless exhaust, maybe something that stops fingerprints on stainless?
Maybe you'd prefer to do something really customised?

Share your thoughts with us - most original answer wins a prize....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
My top requests;
a more affordable stainless exhaust, maybe something that stops fingerprints on stainless, Oh and free road tax would be nice :lol:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
comfy seats would be mine :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
LCD glass so that when an electrical charge is applied the car has opaque windows for security and then clear when you want it...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Since my engine is already taken care of I'd say big brake upgrades.

Edit: Although Chris's idea is very cool.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
I'd like an early style windscreen with built-in antenna
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Something to stop the boring puns. Big Grin
Kelvin Tan
Darren,

Does PJ Grady Europe offer the delorean body kit from your UK store? and if you do how much is it (unfitted and unpainted).

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I've got it! Big Grin

How about a spray that protects the Stainless panels from rusting. :roll: Tongue

I can see the slogan now: DeLorean rust away spray, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm...
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
JamesRGUK Wrote:Darren,

Does PJ Grady Europe offer the delorean body kit from your UK store? and if you do how much is it (unfitted and unpainted).

James

Do you mean one of these ??? :wink:

[Image: 20070420_cavieres_back-to-the-future-car-dolorean.jpg]
Forget getting time to add my turbo, the biggest mod I want to add to my car is:

[Image: pinkdice.jpg]

Quality !

Do I win the prize?

NickT
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:A bit of a general question, but I'm interested to hear the responses.
I've allocated some R&D budget for 2008, and wondered how existing owners would most like to improve aspects of their cars.
Darren

How about a 'clip over' rigid cover for cracked dashboards, Looking at it im stuggling to see why that couldnt be manufactured ?
NickT Wrote:Forget getting time to add my turbo, the biggest mod I want to add to my car is:

[Image: pinkdice.jpg]

Quality !

Do I win the prize?

NickT

Dont you worry buddy... Christmas is coming Smile
JamesRG - was you referring to the 'Ground Effects' kit that Rob sells? We can get them over here - but we've never been asked for one yet!
Let me know if this is what you mean - and I'll get you a decent price.

Other requests that have come in off list include:

> Remade dashes & headliners (we've trialled these already)
> Parking sensors
> Convex mirrors

Keep 'em coming.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
#Geek mode on! :oops:

Personally, I would love to be able to combine 2 of my life passions; The DMC12 and Transformers! Especially as it's been a good year for both!

Ok, so a DeLorean that transforms into a 20ft robot is maybe slightly far fetched, although I hear you like a challenge Darren! :wink:

However, I would like to be able to integrate some kind of TF influence into the car somehow, subtle but stylish. Below is the best example I can find of this (it's from the Camaro as seen in the Transformers movie).

[Image: 89fd_3.jpg]

I wonder if there is a way of getting the symbol embossed into the steering wheel, as I love how Claire has the DMC logo on hers, very cool. 8)

Maybe even getting the symbol made up out of stainless/chrome etc, then finding a nice place to stick it in the car, the opposite side to the VIN plate perhaps?

Any thoughts...

#Geek mode off and back to reality now! :oops:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk