The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
DeLorean Driving Experiences - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: DeLorean Driving Experiences (/showthread.php?tid=880)

DeLorean Driving Experiences - PJ Grady (Europe) - 29 Aug 2007

All,

I'm pulling together some material for the forthcoming 'Future Owners' tech session - and I just need some quotes from owners about what the cars are like to drive.

The best I have so far is "like a double bed on top of a shopping trolley" (you know who you are!)

Any other quotes would be appreciated!

Thanks

Darren

- Pilot25dmc - 29 Aug 2007

People stare at you more in your Delorean than they would if you walked down the street naked.

Not really a driving experience but I like it all the same...Big Grin

- Dan Howarth - 29 Aug 2007

goes round corners like a go cart on speed. Sticks to the road like 541t to a blanket.

- Paul Mac - 29 Aug 2007

Pilot25dmc Wrote:People stare at you more in your Delorean than they would if you walked down the street naked.

Not really a driving experience but I like it all the same...Big Grin

lol

I dunno, coming from Belfast myself i've seen some strange sites Big Grin

- Tourettes Tony - 30 Aug 2007

like driving a squashed austin princess :wink: TT

- Thunderchild - 10 Sep 2007

It's like going out with a celebrity. Everyone takes your picture and asks you what they're like to live with. Plus you have to accept that people will quote lines from their movies at you.

- WelmoedJ - 10 Sep 2007

From the mainland:
Neil Barclay of DMC Belfast had to adjust his opinion that the D has inferior brakes. Mine worked perfectly he said at Eurotec 2007 convoy trip when his face almost had to be scraped of the windshield.

Underpowered engine? No problem: my #2572 hit 119 Mi/hr and the challenging Beemer and Mercedes got smaller by the minute in my rear view mirror. Does not matter how fast the other cars can go, only if the driver dares to go there!

Bad experiences? Not up to now. Done over 5000 miles without problems.

The only bad thing is that the axles of trucks (lorries in the UK) are so low to the ground. It's impossible to see the cars in front of trucks!

Welmoed.

- tracey steele - 10 Sep 2007

too me it feels like i`m sitting on a skate board and being pulled, and it also feels like my arse is so close to the ground its gonna get hot soon :wink:

- Guinney1971 - 10 Sep 2007

If I'm ever a bit fed up, I take Flopsy for a good thrashing round the lanes - the "feel good factor" is great (except for when something breaks of course! :lol: )

Even 5 years on, I still get a kick out of people pointing at the car as I drive along - especially if I'm using her for work, cos people dont expect to see a DeLorean on the roads, let alone in the rush hour Big Grin

Although, as Sally and I were saying yesterday, with the squeaking coming from my front suspension, and the squeaky wheel, its hard to look cool when your car sounds like a load of gerbils having a gang bang on a rusty old bedframe :lol: :lol: :lol: