The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC (/showthread.php?tid=5683)

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Alistair2 - 02 Aug 2017

www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981-delorean-dmc-12-c-7569.htm

No pictures yet...

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 in stainless steel with grey interior. Comes equipped with a manual transmission, power windows and with solid wheels. Excellent original blue plate California car for restoration. For $15,750 (about £12000).

Requested details and pictures as this one is about my price range. I can guess the condition but here's hoping!

Alistair.

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - SpudMurphy - 02 Aug 2017

Well they have had good and bad!! Fingers crossed for you!

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Chris Williams - 02 Aug 2017

Probably as cheap as they come nowadays, looked fairly good until I saw the pictures of the chassis. Funny how it's gone on both sides like that, usually just the one side from the Clutch M/C leaking. May well be worth asking for close up pictures of that area it may just be the fuel tank plate that's gone?
Chris

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Alistair2 - 03 Aug 2017

(02 Aug 2017, 21:46)Chris Williams Wrote: Probably as cheap as they come nowadays, looked fairly good until I saw the pictures of the chassis. Funny how it's gone on both sides like that, usually just the one side from the Clutch M/C leaking. May well be worth asking for close up pictures of that area it may just be the fuel tank plate that's gone?
Chris

Chassis / fuel tank aside aside, how hard is it to get interiors? This is going to need gutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Dan Willis - 03 Aug 2017

Everthing is available - within reason, but maybe not budget. Mine is nowhere near that bad and I'm budgetting for a complete retrim. That looks like it needs more (i.e some parts may be repairable, some not - plan for the worst). The frame though, that's bad - and that means a frame-off job, which I can tell you will add time and money - I'm doing it now.

Does it run? It doesn't say so there (unless I missed it).

Personally, unless you're up for a very real restoration job, I'd avoid it - it'll cost you at least that in £ to get here. Seems top money to me.

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Chris P - 03 Aug 2017

Thats a heck of a lot of work. I've never seen a worse interior and as has been said, the chassis could well be very bad. Not one for me. Sad

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Alistair2 - 03 Aug 2017

(03 Aug 2017, 17:49)Chris P Wrote: Thats a heck of a lot of work. I've never seen a worse interior and as has been said, the chassis could well be very bad. Not one for me. Sad

Ok. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - steve.s - 03 Aug 2017

Hi Guys

just seen this thread.

i had already put a cash offer in....not for asking price though!. i watch the D markets alot....

as you say i am a bit mad to offer, but needs a complete interior, engine work, brakes, clutch i assume, tank, pump, fuel system plus many others....at least i already have new window motors...and how i wish i had not given my old parts away, spare seat, and a full BAE turbo system!.

but of course this car the bad one...the frame!. the GRP body must be holding it together!

i certainly dont think its worth the $15k plus....going to take a lot of patience and parts...

dont think BHCC will go for it but you never know.

i cam so close to securing a deal on their white car.....we were just negotiating and me saying buyitnow, and someone nipped in and purchased it!.

i have also spoken to owner of screamin yellow, and hes sending me pics of frame etc. it looks better than it did.....not sure though if the tub has took any damage!. shame it does not have its wheels and engine.

i'll let you guys know if i ever buy anything...

in the mean time my E21 Baur restoration goes on (very slowly) although D parts are much easier to get then E21 BMW, having to order from Germany and many parts now out of stock.

twin fuel tanks alone around £750!!! which i will not be buying!.

Regards

Steve

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Reinsch - 06 Aug 2017

so how much is this one worth ?

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Dan Willis - 07 Aug 2017

Tough to answer; the obvious would be "what someone is willing to pay", especially with that frame. Maybe £8/9k to me.

RE: 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 - BHCC - Reinsch - 10 Aug 2017

I would think frame from California needs to be the best option. Thank license plate suggest it is its home from 1981.
That corrosion on fuel tank plate might be just from brake fluid? Isn't it ?
Rest of frame looks ok? (comparing to even more expensive cars on their website).

For interior, one crack on seat or total annihilation like one in pictures takes same money to fix? it is basically full new seat trim and foam. Sooner or later they all crack.
Cockpit is a bit different story... Nice and dry for sure.