The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DOC Events/Car Shows/Meet Up's (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) (/showthread.php?tid=4643)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris Williams - 27 Aug 2014

Really pleased to announce on behalf of the DOC (UK) our event for 2015. The exact details are to be 'firmed up' over the next few weeks/months but to give everyone a chance to get the date in the diary now hear is a taster:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

PLEASE DONT THINK that this event is just for club members or DeLorean car owners. Any new/prospective owners are more than welcome to come along ask questions, look at the cars see how they work/sit in one and get to know more about them. Even if you just wish to pop along for a day visit your more than welcome.

Chris

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris Williams - 09 Oct 2014

Ok, full details on this event will be in the upcoming club magazine, however for those who dont get the magazine or wish to start getting things organised now then this is the rough itineary for the weekend.
We are staying at: The Breckland Lodge Hotel, London Road, Attleborough. NR17 1AY http://www.brecklandlodge.co.uk Tel: 01953 455202.
Room prices Single £49.95, Double/Twin £65.00, Family rooms £68.00 deluxe rooms are available for a small premium. A two course carvery meal on the Friday night is £8.95 (per person) and £11.35 for the Saturday night.

There are plenty of local attractions if you wish to extend your stay either before the above dates (or after) and the room prices will stay the same.

On The Saturday we will be spending most of the day at Lotus with a choice of tours including factory tour/classic Lotus tour/and laps of the Lotus test track. There will be a charge for these prices will be in club mag when finalised.

On the Sunday we have allocated parking at the IWM Duxford where reduced price entrance (free for club members) has been arranged along with parking within the museum complex for DeLorean cars.

If I could urge people to book with the hotel as soon as possible please, mentioning either 'DeLorean Owners Club or Chris Parnham' to get the discounted room rate.
This promises to be one of the best events we have organied and if all goes to plan should include some of the old DeLorean facilities (offices) at Lotus. Either way it should be a great weekend and look forward to welcoming friends old and new from the Uk and Europe.
Chris

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - jwrayth - 09 Oct 2014

Don't know if it's just me, but their online booking doesn't work. Website never resolves :?:

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris Williams - 09 Oct 2014

Quote:Don't know if it's just me, but their online booking doesn't work. Website never resolves
Yeh I noticed that, I 'think' it's becuse they have booked/reserved everything out to us. I'm afriad it's back to the good old telephone or email.
Chris

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris P - 12 Oct 2014

There is a nice piece about 'Dads Army' and a mention of the museum in Thetford today Daily Express. (my Mrs's. paper!)

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris Williams - 12 Oct 2014

Well it's one of the places people can visit if they wish to, not on our adgenda but I'm sure for those of us who are old enough then it's probably worth a visit. I fondly think of the programme every time I drive up and down the A11 where they filmed the opening/closing shots of the cast running across an 'exploding' field. The signs are all still there warning people to keep out!
Chris

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Guinney1971 - 15 Oct 2014

jwrayth Wrote:Don't know if it's just me, but their online booking doesn't work. Website never resolves :?:

I emailed them to reserve our family room - they just need a payment card to to hold the room, but no money is taken now.

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - JohnC - 26 Nov 2014

All.

I've just booked my room now.... already being told availabilty is limited.

Helpful lady called Tracey...

Chris P has some rooms block booked, but she wasn't sure if she was to allocate those or if they were all for guests already booked.

I've taken one of the last single rooms, but have been nominally charged the same rate as on their website.

Best if you also prompt them to add you to the dinner reservation on Saturday.

No tables booked by the club on Friday.

Breakfast can be paid for at the hotel when you get there, as previously mentioned no reservation fee is charged to credit card at this time.

John C

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Tony Openshaw - 26 Nov 2014

Read John's post, that's us booked.

Tony Openshaw

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris P - 27 Nov 2014

Feel free to use the rooms booked in my name, I only used my name because they needed a credit card number to provisionally reserve them.

Get moving folk or you may miss out.

Ive already spoken to Colin Spooner ( the main man at Lotus on the Delorean project) he will be joining us, along a with a very rare and unique Pilot car, built by Lotus.

It going to be a cracking event, just like in 2006.

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris Williams - 27 Nov 2014

Is that Tony handing over a very large cheque for getting some one to polish his car :wink: Big Grin He had hair as well!
Chris

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Rich H - 27 Nov 2014

I'm in! Mr Green

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - OllieWilks - 28 Nov 2014

Booked for the Saturday night! Big Grin

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Chris P - 05 Dec 2014

I'm afraid I can't keep it to my self anymore ….and at the risk of upsetting the odd person, I must own up to being the one who will be driving Pilot 20 to and at the event. Having done a deal to buy it from its current owner.

I have become fascinated by the car when writing up that section of the book. It is one of the best recorded and photographed of all the early cars. I love its sliding windows and none standard wheels and unique interior, which is very similar to the "Visioneering car" (it should be it was trimmed by the same Norfolk Man, Nick F)
And no, I won't be selling Delores in the short term either. I consider that having a (large) chunk of my pension money invested in DeLorean cars- rather than some dodgy bank or scheme, is a far better and more enjoyable way to go.

All non DeLorean owners are very welcome at this historic Norfolk event and part of the deal with Lotus is for us to do circuits of their track. They tell me that extra circuits may be done (nor a nominal charge…to Lotus) …so anyone wants a ride around THE LOTUS test track….(where our cars were all developed)…will certainly be offered a ride in Pilot 20 or many of the other cars, i'm sure.

If you've not booked your hotel room…do so now. This event is going to be unique and special and one to look back on for many years.

Re: DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS) - Dan Willis - 05 Dec 2014

You lucky.. well, that's is really great news (can I have a ride, please? First to ask here!) Smile

I've booked Friday/Saturday night. Being an owner suddenly makes me feel like I should do everything DeLorean related Wink

Can't wait!