The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DOC Events/Car Shows/Meet Up's (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May (/showthread.php?tid=4573)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - 88mph - 17 Aug 2015

Sounds interesting.
Has anyone looked into ferry crossing? Best/cheapest crossing points/companies?

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Andy - 18 Aug 2015

Guinney1971 Wrote:not sure if we'll be able to come, its expensive taking 2 DeLorean's to Ireland, plus
we've got 2 children to factor in too - those links don't give out family room rates,
so we'd have to look into other hotels in the area if we decided to go - will have to work
out how much it will cost us in total though first.

I know the feeling, Claire, I've been looking into other ways of coming over. Sadly, it won't be with the DeLorean this time (only 2 seats!), so maybe we'll drive there with our daily driver. Otherwise I've been looking at coming over by plane to Dublin and drive to Belfast by rental (for some reason, flying Brussels-Belfast is almost twice the price of flying Brussels-Dublin??). I've also been looking at other hotels, since Europa-hotel, although very good, is getting a bit too much with a 2.5 year old boy with you. Either way, it's gonna be expensive, so I'm not sure yet if we'll be able to make it this time ....

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Andy - 18 Aug 2015

ROBLAMROCK Wrote:Here is provisional programme of events;

Thursday (26th May 2016) morning is registration & check in to hotel.
Afternoon is optional visit to Ulster Folk & Transport Museum at own expense.
Evening is welcoming reception in Penthouse Europa Hotel.
Arrival of DeLorean World Tour cars also expected on Thursday.

Friday morning tour of former DeLorean factory & drive on test track.
Afternoon is Product Fair in Europa.
Evening is buffet in Europa Hotel & speaker(s).

Sat morning visit to Ulster Aviation Society.
Afternoon is visit to Titanic Centre with photo op of cars on Titanic slipway. Optional tour of Titanic Galleries at own expense.
Evening is Gala Banquet in Titanic Centre.

Sunday (29th May 2016) is optional visit to Crumlin road Gaol & distillery at own expense.

Secure parking is available at Europa hotel.

The previous event held in 2011 had 26 countries represented, over 80 Delorean cars in the convoy and over 200 attendees.
This is the biggest DeLorean convention held outside the USA.

Robert Lamrock & Paul Jenkins

@Robert: could you tell me what would be included in that 115£ entry price? I'm just asking because IF I decide to come over, my wife won't be joining the gala banquet on saturday evening because of my 2.5 year old son that will be with us ...

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - ROBLAMROCK - 18 Aug 2015

Andy,

Registration fee (£115) includes;
Registration pack & badge
Welcoming reception
Factory visit and trip around test track
Entry to Product Fair
Evening buffet & speakers
Entry & tour Aviation Museum
Visit to Titanic slipway
Gala Dinner

In the past we have also given attendees a special momento.

Robert

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Chris P - 18 Aug 2015

Booked our stand at the vendors fair…..Looking forward to selling a few books.

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Guinney1971 - 18 Aug 2015

I think we'll have to pass on it this time round, we'll have a 2yr old and 6yr old, and ok
we've got 2 DeLoreans, but thats 2x entry fees, 2x ferry fees, 2x the fuel costs, etc.

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Chris Williams - 20 Aug 2015

Quote:Andy,

Registration fee (£115) includes;
Registration pack & badge
Welcoming reception
Factory visit and trip around test track
Entry to Product Fair
Evening buffet & speakers
Entry & tour Aviation Museum
Visit to Titanic slipway
Gala Dinner

In the past we have also given attendees a special momento.

Robert
Thanks for clearing that up Robert/Paul. For clarification (as someone asked me over last weekend) is the registration fee per person or per car? i.e two people per car, two registration fees?

I will try to get something into the next few club magazines to x-promote the event also.

Chris

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - ROBLAMROCK - 21 Aug 2015

Chris,

Registration fee of £115 is per person.
There will be additional surprise activities announced at a later date.
Montupet have restricted the number of people that can be facilitated on the interior factory tour and we are over 50% booked at present.

Robert Lamrock & Paul Jenkins

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - 88mph - 21 Aug 2015

Out of interest, what does the factory do now?
Has the site changed much?

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - ROBLAMROCK - 21 Aug 2015

Montupet make aluminium cyclinder heads and Bombardier make carbon composite wings for their whisper jet.

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Rich Hanlon - 21 Aug 2015

I was lucky enough to get the tour round bombardier in 2011 which was fascinating on two levels as it s also not too far removed from my day-job!

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Phil Peters - 03 Sep 2015

I'm planning to attend and have booked the time off work. I now just need to sort out the following:
  • 1. Registration
    2. Hotel
    3. Rebuild car

What time are people aiming to arrive in Belfast on the Thursday?

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Rissy - 03 Sep 2015

Phil Peters Wrote:What time are people aiming to arrive in Belfast on the Thursday?

Whenever the appropriate ferry gets me across the pond into Belfast from Stranraer, probably aiming for a mid afternoon/early evening arrival.

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Phil Peters - 03 Sep 2015

Sounds good Rissy.

Our registration is now done and hotel booking for the Europa sorted.

We will most likely break our journey in north Wales on Wednesday night and then catch the ferry from Holyhead on Thursday morning. Having had a brief shufty at the ferry times that looks like it would get us into Dublin at 12:10 and then it's a couple of hours up to Belfast so we should get into Belfast just after 2pm all being well. I guess we might miss the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum but we would be there in good time for the welcome reception in the evening.

Updated DOC UK attendee list:

Chris McG (Rissy) in "LEX" (VIN 1458) - Europa Hotel booked
James S + Ruth in VIN 4494 - Europa Hotel booked
Chris Williams
Chris Parnham
Phil and Anna Peters in VIN 12173 - Europa Hotel booked

Re: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May - Chris P - 03 Sep 2015

Just to clarify, my wife and I are on holiday in NI during this time and are only planning to attend the product fair. Smile