The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Back To The Future (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? (/showthread.php?tid=4258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 19 Jan 2014

Nice to see a close up shot Chris. I always wondered how you had the flux bands on securely. Looks nice and easy to remove too!

Did you have to smash the rear windows or were you able to remove them?

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Chris P - 19 Jan 2014

Hi Luke,
Chris N removed them, when he fitted all the gear, but a couple of years later on, when I changed all the stuff over to another car ( Herman). I removed those side windows and replaced the ones on "Lefty" myself, all without any problems. As no holes were drilled, "Lefty" was returned to the 1983 stock, low mileage car it was before.

Herman also changed from a Black interior car to a Grey one. After I sold it to Glens mate, it eventually ended up in Gaydon, where it still is. No one seems to worry about it being an Automatic.

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Matt Clark - 19 Jan 2014

"Lefty" - after it had the BTTF stuff removed - is probably my favourite DeLorean. All the right details!

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - TheOriginalMrP - 19 Jan 2014

Matt Clark Wrote:"Lefty" - after it had the BTTF stuff removed - is probably my favourite DeLorean. All the right details!

1983 Grey Manual? Yeah good options! ;-)

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Matt Clark - 19 Jan 2014

And the thin stripe...

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - TheOriginalMrP - 19 Jan 2014

Of course!

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Chris P - 19 Jan 2014

it was my favourite car. I regret selling it. 110 miles when I bought it and about 1400 when I sold it.

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Matt Clark - 20 Jan 2014

Weirdly I have very little in the way of photos of it - only photo I can find that I took is at the show you did at Markeaton roundabout park:

[Image: 180172087_8b41c6daca_o.jpg]

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 20 Jan 2014

That looks beautiful Chris. At least you had the pleasure of owning it for a while!

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Chris P - 20 Jan 2014

Thats true and its the car that the Mrs and I took to Buck House. My proudest hour……… ( I drove all the back from London with that display plate on!)

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Deloreanyorkshire - 23 Jan 2014

These guys don't post to UK unfortunately.

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 23 Jan 2014

bttf car Wrote:
Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:These guys don't post to UK unfortunately.
Email them as other people have got the in europe, I got it wrong bruce is selling the same clamps for $45 for 10 what a mark up.

He's a business, just as you are. It's still far less than another well known company.

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 04 Feb 2014

I contacted kapco ages ago, they have recently just replied so have lost out there. It was really unprofessional of them to email you as well as me, but no harm done, hardly a secret that I contacted them.

I'm going to give it a miss, you just have that extra set as spares! :wink:

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 04 Feb 2014

Pics to come this weekend, keep your arousals under control future boy!

Steve called me earlier to 'kindly' offer me his spare clips. What a generous offer when the minimum quantity is 100. Look at the reaction above when I decline and don't play his perfect little plan! Big Grin It's like been at first school all over again. I could just grab those little cheekies!

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 05 Feb 2014

[Image: 8laghei_w300_h300.jpg]

Go on then, I'll treat ya!