The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Back To The Future (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? (/showthread.php?tid=4258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Deloreanyorkshire - 10 Dec 2013

As some of you already know I am slowly collecting props and gadgets to do a "no holes drilled" BTTF conversion and have spent hours sourcing the parts.

I believe i now know who, and who not to go to for parts Big Grin

I was just wondered if there is any one else out there in the same boat as me? It would be great to see how other people are getting on with their projects.

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Rich Hanlon - 10 Dec 2013

Some guys in Poland are!

See http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5007

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Starglider - 11 Dec 2013

As you know I'm working on a time machine prop design that can be quickly installed and removed.

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - jwrayth - 11 Dec 2013

I was intending to follow up with the ChrisN removable prop kit, but my previous employers shafting me on monies owed means my DeLorean budget won't stretch that far this year Sad

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - bjbrownie - 11 Dec 2013

I must admit I've been collecting design schematics of most of the exterior details and have amassed a small collection of aluminium tubing and sheet with the intention of doing a home build job-which I'm sure can't be as bad as some so called BTTF conversions I've seen....... 8)

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 11 Dec 2013

Nooooo, more 'home built' time machines that can't stack up to official ones :wink: Big Grin

If you guys need any measurements, give me a shout. Always happy to help! I'll even go to car jumble sales to help you find the right kit won't I Mike Big Grin

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Deloreanyorkshire - 11 Dec 2013

Starglider Wrote:As you know I'm working on a time machine prop design that can be quickly installed and removed.
r

I look forward to this, and hope to purchase one off Chris/yourself as soon as you its ready.

Luke you are a star and a great help Big Grin As you know I am a big fan of your car and look forward to going to the next auto jumble with ya Big Grin

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 11 Dec 2013

Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:
Starglider Wrote:As you know I'm working on a time machine prop design that can be quickly installed and removed.
r

I look forward to this, and hope to purchase one off Chris/yourself as soon as you its ready.

Luke you are a star and a great help Big Grin As you know I am a big fan of your car and look forward to going to the next auto jumble with ya Big Grin

That was the highlight of the day for me. :lol: Soon I'll be waving my fists in the air at kids kicking their ball into my garden..

Cheers for the kind words, I do quite like it myself I must say :wink:

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Deloreanyorkshire - 11 Dec 2013

bjbrownie Wrote:I must admit I've been collecting design schematics of most of the exterior details and have amassed a small collection of aluminium tubing and sheet with the intention of doing a home build job-which I'm sure can't be as bad as some so called BTTF conversions I've seen....... 8)

that's a shame but good thing is your collection will never go out of date Big Grin

Im concentrating on the interior before moving onto exterior next year

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - bjbrownie - 11 Dec 2013

I don't think anyone can match up to the detail Luke has on his car, but it doesn't harm looking into the whole time machine replica scene- there's so much stuff available on the net(at a price it seems) and as you say delorean Yorkshire , the bits will always be there in the garage if the need arises!
There's no way I'm doing anything at all yet, just studying the various sites and seeing how it all goes together! 8)

Love it, very inventive Big Grin certainly gives it a different look

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - Starglider - 11 Dec 2013

Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:
r

To be clear the external parts and mountings are designed and made by Chris. What I've made is an arrangement of studs and latches to make the interior props removable. My design isn't a BTTF replica though, it is original props in the same style.

Thanks for the comments Brownie. I'm not one of those guys that likes to boast and shove it in peoples faces. There's things I can improve on mine also, but that's half of the fun!

Next summer, I plan on attending some more car shows, would be great to meet the remaining few in person!

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - bjbrownie - 12 Dec 2013

Might catch up with you at CarFest North 2014, Luke, shame you couldn't make it this year we had a great lineup and a BTTF car would have topped it off (still think we had the best stand!). See you the future! 8)

Re: Any one else thinking of doing a BTTF conversion? - lukebrynycz - 12 Dec 2013

bjbrownie Wrote:Might catch up with you at CarFest North 2014, Luke, shame you couldn't make it this year we had a great lineup and a BTTF car would have topped it off (still think we had the best stand!). See you the future! 8)

I was gutted I couldn't go last minute. I'll explain all next year hopefully :-) I really wanted to do NEC this year but didn't have any holiday and 4 days is just too much.

I just got a lovely email from Mr Official. Basically, he's going to come break my legs and the title of his email was 'sh#t heap'. Don't you just love friendly people!