The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! (/showthread.php?tid=3991)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - BABIS - 11 Feb 2015

Chris P Wrote:Yes if you are in the UK, I've not got overseas postage rates sorted yet.
thanks for the reply, shipping to Italy for me! so let me know when you will sort out the shipping costs Wink

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 11 Feb 2015

It will be going on Amazon Europe very soon, its already listed in the UK but you can't pre-oder through them yet, not until the stock is properly organised. I'd keep an eye on it and pre-order it there as soon as you can.

There may look a lot of them, but with only 1500 copies available worldwide, I suspect they will soon sell out. ( even at £75 plus shipping)

For UK mainland purchases on the DOC forum, simply give me a ring with card in hand and you can pre-buy a signed copy, at the heavily discounted price of £49 - inclusive of postage, over the phone. .
(a second book would be posted free….ie £89 in total) This offer finishes at the end of Feb…. without exception!

After that its Amazon only…..….or if we have any left, at the Employees reunion in NI and I will definitely save some to take to Lotus.

07502 143 433

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Matt Clark - 11 Feb 2015

Chris, i'm paid up for one copy (at the NEC) - might as well get a second given the state of my copy of SSI.... Can I paypal you for the extra or do you need my card again?

How many purchases needed for a free car?

Phone would be best Matt, Believe me…what I've paid out in the last month I could have bought another car with that!

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Dangermouse - 11 Feb 2015

Chris, do you have a preferred time for people to call?

I want to order one to be sent to my mother-in-laws address in UK

No Dermot, ……well preferably before 21.30. If I can't answer i'll ring back. Glad you've got a UK postal address as I regret I can't ship to the USA yet, although I am looking into it.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 11 Feb 2015

Even the box is nice!

Thanks Domi….we had a choice and I thought why not …….lets have that printed as well! Yet another little bit of extra costs….like the shrink wrapping, ( SEE PHOTO) the printed covers matching the printed dust jacket…the re-enforced cardboard box….it just went on and on. But no point in taking short cuts after all the work the has gone into it.

Would you believe some folk are having two copies…a reading one and a 'concourse still in its shrink wrapping' one, to keep.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris Williams - 11 Feb 2015

BUT the important question is........ do you get a free pizza in the box? :wink: :wink: only kidding, looking forward to getting a copy.
Chris

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 11 Feb 2015

Chris P Wrote:Would you believe some folk are having two copies…a reading one and a 'concourse still in its shrink wrapping' one, to keep.

Yes I believe it! I am one of them Wink

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - airfireman1 - 13 Feb 2015

Chris,
Can I pm you my details and credit card info or pay via Paypal for one of your copies to be sent to me in Australia?
Thanks

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 13 Feb 2015

Hi David,

yes, we will sort something out. Shipping cost are horrendous of course. Your car, does feature in the RHD section, so you'll get a discount anyway.

The main container is due to arrive in about 3 weeks. i'll be in touch as soon as this bulk supply does arrive.

In the mean time, I eagerly await the arrival of a small parcel (well 17 kgs actually) of the first 5 books printed, and air-mailed to us by the printers! There will be one for Me, And, and Barrie. We are thinking of putting a signed one of these on eBay. Do you think it will create much interest?

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris Williams - 13 Feb 2015

Quote:Do you think it will create much interest?
May well do, but get your postage sorted out for overseas bidders....
Chris

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 13 Feb 2015

Yes Chris, but I need a production copy….all packed up and presented to various carriers to get the best price . I know its ABOUT 3.75kgs…..but grammes matter when its airmail. I want to be fair and accurate.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - airfireman1 - 15 Feb 2015

Thank you Chris, I am used to huge postage costs here in Australia. Getting parts posted from America can cost more than the part .
From people I talk to in Australia there is a huge following in Delorean( Back to the Future ) memorabilia and information about the Delorean.