The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! (/showthread.php?tid=3991)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 28 Aug 2014

Digital dash?

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - davesandell - 10 Sep 2014

Can we pre-order yet?

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 11 Sep 2014

The final edit is taking longer than we thought, but very nearly finished.

Trawling through thousands of photo's looking for that elusive last one, in a particular section……is very time consuming and frustrating!

Also I'm still awaiting a couple of bits from DMCH, which is not helping.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 11 Nov 2014

Proto 3 is currently winging its way from Hong Kong. ( well 4 of them actually) Should be here for the NEC. This is the last proto before we finally hit the production button in a couple of weeks time.

We will be taking advance orders in person at the NEC (for UK deliveries only). £40 plus £9 shipping. These can be signed copies ( if you want)

We are currently setting up proper world wide payment and distribution arrangements, for the bulk of the orders. These should be firmed up before Christmas, with Delivery a few weeks later.

Ian in Hong Kong has been arranging the printing for us. He has already produced and printed two of his own books about CBX's…..they are motor bikes I believe! :roll: Ian is no stranger to DeLoreans, having owned 4 and still has 2 RHD's, including Dusty. Big Grin

Come to the club stand at the NEC and be the first to see our (nearly) final, properly printed version of the book.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 11 Nov 2014

This is a very good news Chris Smile
Can't wait to buy them and see all the amazing photos of the DeLorean history!

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 12 Nov 2014

You will be one of the first people to get one Domi as soon as they come available.

Just a note, the price quoted is a special "NEC show price", once we have fully assed our other distribution costs we may have to adjust things somewhat.

We do however want to keep the purchase cost as low as practical, partly because there is a fair bit of BTTF content towards the end of the book and we certainly want it to be accessible to the younger (future owners) market.

(this photo is from the Proto 2 book)

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 12 Nov 2014

Having had a think about it and a chat with Chris W and Andrew W, we have decided that the 'show price', will be offered to all current DOC UK club members until the end of Feb.15.

So that would be the maximum you'd have to pay. If we can get some better deals on shipping, so much the better, but it does weigh over 3.5 kgs!

Looking forward to meeting loads of you over the next few days.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 12 Nov 2014

That's very kind, thank you Smile

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 13 Nov 2014

Proto-type books arrived today via air-mail from China, copies for viewing will be at the NEC for the next 3 days.

Delivery of production copies should be during January 15.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 13 Nov 2014

Chris P Wrote:Proto-type books arrived today via air-mail from China, copies for viewing will be at the NEC for the next 3 days.

Too bad you're too far away Sad
Few more pictures of the book for people who won't be able to come please?

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 14 Nov 2014

There is an Airport next to the NEC……... Big Grin

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Domi - 14 Nov 2014

I hope someday :wink:

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Guinney1971 - 15 Nov 2014

Having been privileged to have a look at 'Boris 2' this week, you can
certainly put me and Phill down for a copy of the final version Chris.

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - ROBLAMROCK - 15 Nov 2014

Quote: Chris Parnham, Barrie Wills, Andy Withers....Joint Authors.

Now here's the thing - Barrie Wills name seems to be missing from the cover?...

Re: Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999! - Chris P - 16 Nov 2014

Barrie has gathered so much information during the last 18 months, he has decided to write his own book. He will be including more of my Esler photo's.

Barrie's invaluable help and involvement is fully recorded inside the flyleaf and in the body of the book where we have included an agreed form of words.

Barrie is still a shareholder in DMCL and is keen to see our book succeed. As we are his.

I though you were in regular contact with Barrie, Robert? ? I would have thought he would have explained things privately to you.