The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Luke's BTTF Car Based In Leeds, West Yorks - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Back To The Future (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Luke's BTTF Car Based In Leeds, West Yorks (/showthread.php?tid=3701)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - Guinney1971 - 26 Jul 2013

couldn't agree more mate.

To me, the only 'true' BTTF cars, are the three remaining original film cars, everything else,
for whatever reason, has been made after is a replica, no matter who built it and to what level
of anal detail Smile

Its a bit like all the 'Cobra's' out there - everyone goes 'ooh a Cobra', but I bet 99% of the ones
you see are replica's, but to the average person in the street, its instantly recognisable as a
Cobra, same as BTTF replica DeLorean's - everyone knows what it is, but not many people know
the minutiae 'screen accurate' details - or even care tbh - they just love seeing something from
their childhood cruising down the street Smile

I think a North Midlands/South Yorks pub meet is in order for one Sunday if you're up for it, be
great to get a few cars together and have a nice social meet up, maybe round August/September
time - maybe even get Mr Ward to come back up t'smoke for t'weekend too Smile

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - jwrayth - 26 Jul 2013

I'd like to try and make a meet before I relocate to Scotland too! Even if it means a bit of a drive from Leamington Smile

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - Rissy - 26 Jul 2013

jwrayth Wrote:I'd like to try and make a meet before I relocate to Scotland too! Even if it means a bit of a drive from Leamington Smile

Depending what is organised, and when it's organised for (your/my availability), since we are so close to one another (right now), we could car share to keep the costs down for both of us....?

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - Guinney1971 - 26 Jul 2013

ok, well lets try and work something that doesnt clash with holidays/Carfest North/Tatton Park Smile

Luke, you up for it mate?

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - trainmad - 27 Jul 2013

I'm up for a meet if people are heading anywhere. Smile

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - jwrayth - 29 Jul 2013

Rissy Wrote:
jwrayth Wrote:I'd like to try and make a meet before I relocate to Scotland too! Even if it means a bit of a drive from Leamington Smile

Depending what is organised, and when it's organised for (your/my availability), since we are so close to one another (right now), we could car share to keep the costs down for both of us....?

Sounds good to me!

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - lukebrynycz - 09 Sep 2013

Went to Knightcon again this year. What an absolutely !amazing! event 8) Great to finally meet a good proportion of you DOCers finally. Smile

A few pics of the Delorean (of course) but I had to add some of the other cars. It was by far the most impressive car show I've ever been to.

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - lukebrynycz - 10 Sep 2013

They tried to shoot the car when I pulled up...but luckily, they always miss and shot themselves.
[Image: aa0q.jpg]

Rich, being Rich!
[Image: awln.jpg]

A random pic from first thing in the morning
[Image: s3iq.jpg]

Paul Smile
[Image: uwtc.jpg]

Rebecca Holden going to 2015!
[Image: qcnt.jpg]

..and here's a few of some others. They are far too impressive not to post them. There really was such an epic lineup this year.

His son was a big BTTF fan, so a quick cheeky request later, and I found myself in the drivers seat of an 89 and fired up the twin V8 engines. Life = complete.
[Image: nyu9.jpg]

You can just about make me out in the crazy windows.
[Image: bn26.jpg]

Sat in Optimus! Benefits of getting there early.
[Image: 867t.jpg]

Just wow...
[Image: 2fue.jpg]

..and more wow
[Image: 9jma.jpg]

View from Optimus
[Image: io6n.jpg]

A clean shot of one of the best things I've ever seen.
[Image: y83g.jpg]

Those sirens were so loud.
[Image: t4y4.jpg]

I've been wanting to meet Laura and her amazing ECTO for years now. Another dream come true.
[Image: tqkn.jpg]

Re: BTTF Car Hire Based In Leeds, West Yorks - malcy34 - 10 Sep 2013

anyone ever told you Mr Brynycz ... you're a jammy sod..!! lol