The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DOC Events/Car Shows/Meet Up's (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th (/showthread.php?tid=3470)

Pages: 1 2

NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Chris Williams - 29 May 2012

Hi All
We have again (despite stiff competition) been given a good stand at the NEC show. It's actually in a really good position alongside 3 Lotus stands so should be a lot of comparing going on! Anyway, the reason for this post is to look for volunteers who would be willing to supply a car (probably 2 or 3 required) and/or themselves for some or all of the time of the show. Set up is usually on the Thursday (15th) with the fri/sat/sun open to the public and stand take down on the Sun pm.

As those who have helped out or shown cars (or both before) will tell, it's a very full on weekend! We are without doubt one of the most popular stands at the show and on some occasions the stand has been heaving under the number of visitors that we get. If anyone can help or have suggestions for the show then please either get in touch either through the forum or via 'PM'

Thanks

Chris

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Guinney1971 - 29 May 2012

We'll try and help out as much as we can as normal, but we have got one of our cars going on
the Cavalier & Chevette Club stand, so will be dividing our time between the the DOC and the C&CC.

Is Brian free again this year?

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - The Hoopers - 30 May 2012

Michael and I can help on the stand on Friday and Sunday ( also helping to take down the stand ) but already have a commitment for the Saturday.

It is a full on event but good fun and really displays how popular the Deloreans are.

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - TheOriginalMrP - 17 Jun 2012

What have you got in the line of cars for this years event? I have never put BLM2Y on the stand before so I wondered the requirements/obligations.

It's not a huge journey for me, and after the DOC christmas meet last year, the car performed faultlessly so that has given me confidence to branch out a bit.

Thanks

Ben

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Guinney1971 - 19 Jun 2012

be great to have your car on the stand Ben, its a superb example - just be ready to spend
4 days talking to everyone about your car and keeping it clean lol

Basically, you need to be able to get it to the NEC on the Thursday to put it on the stand, then
be at the show for the next 3 days, and take it home Sunday night.

Accomodation wise, there are plenty of hotels/Premier Inn type places on site, or maybe one of
us can put you up for a few days and take you to and from the event.

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - trainmad - 19 Jun 2012

I'd be happy to help out with anything that needs doing, even if it's just selling stuff?

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Guinney1971 - 22 Jun 2012

nice one Paul, you'll be kept busy helping out on the stand Wink

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Rissy - 22 Jun 2012

I was thinking about this. I'd like to help out. LEX will be firmly in hibernation in Edinburgh by this point though, and also, I think that If I was to help out, then maybe only part of the weekend, as I'm pretty sure Sarah, and a friend would like to go and see the Top Gear thing, which I missed last year too, and would like to see.

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - trainmad - 23 Jun 2012

Excellent, stick me down for flogging stuff!

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - JohnC - 18 Oct 2012

Are there any new owners wanting to display their cars... ?

For those of you with a BTTF car a space on the stand will certainly attract both attention and potential customers to hire your vehicle.

Alternatively, I personally would like to see a RHD, or a pilot car (you know who you are).....

I'm going to be there helping, and have offered my car, but it's been on the stand a couple of times and I'd love to see others get the chance... the NEC show is an experience all round :-)

JohnC

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Guinney1971 - 19 Oct 2012

Will Luke's BTTF car be here in time? Failing that Steve W or BTTF Brian?

Helen has volunteered to help on the Saturday with Regalia and stuff, but like
I said, I'll be flitting between 2 stands (that couldnt be farther apart if they tried Sad )
but I'll help as much as I can.

What about dragging Andy Wither's car out of hibernation? Its a RHD after all and
he's local-ish as he's in the Birmingham area.

Like you say John, be good to see some new 'facias' on the stand, I know my car has
been on the stand 3 or 4 times since 2003, so I'd rather let someone else have a turn
rather then putting it on display again so soon.

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Chris Williams - 21 Oct 2012

I think we are ok for cars (assuming no last min problems) I do have every sympathy (and great respect) for those that do show cars and help man the stand, that includes everyone from Dave for supplying it to everyone who takes it down. It's a big thing to have to do. 4 (costly) days, hard work, keeping any eye on your cars Etc Etc. At the end of the day we are all busy people (including myself) so it is a big ask to expect people to put a car on show, for which the club is very greatful.

Chris

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Guinney1971 - 18 Nov 2012

well we got home about half an hour ago, we had a mental weekend splitting ourselves between
the DOC-UK in hall 18, and the Cavalier & Chevette Club (where we had one of our cars) in hall 12 -
you couldnt have got 2 halls and stands further apart if you'd tried!!

Had a fab time though, and thanks to everyone who came along to the stand and said 'hello', it was
great to see so many Club members and friends, including Dan Willis, Dan Howarth, Ben Lee Matthews and
his girlfriend Leanne, Tony Openshaw, The Hoopers, Dave Howarth, Chris Williams, Chris Parnham, John
Chapelhow, Phil Emsley and his girlfriend Liz, Giles and Harry Wooliams, Dan Stacey, Chris McGeachy and
Sarah Dodds, Helen Makewell, Rich H, etc etc (apologies if I've forgotten anyone, but after
4 days in Brum, my brain is well and truly fried lol).

There was much silliness as well as DeLorean chat, which is just the way it should be - lots of fun with
like minded individuals.

I believe we signed up 5 new members, and plenty of people renewed their memberships, and Mary (& helpers)
shifted plenty of regalia too.

Anyway, theres a cold beer with my name on it here, so I'm gonna sup that and chill out for a bit.

Thanks to everyone who made it such a memorable and great weekend as always x

Claire, Phill & Kezia

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - TheOriginalMrP - 19 Nov 2012

Ditto.... I also got the car back in its home same and sound by 8.30.... fairly good trip and a perfectly working temp gauge after our tech ten minutes this morning.... I am however definately leaking coolant onto the passenger floor which needs to be investigated further. However I was approached by a wealthy looking gent at Ross on Wye service station while topping up for my last 30 miles, and had the usual quizzing..... He asked me how much if I wanted to sell and off the cuff I said 25K...... Assuming that would shy him off he went on to say he owns several prestige marques and told me to call him when i was ready to sell no rush, and gave me his number! I must admit I am tempted... LOL But after the weekend ive had with you great people, I am no where near ready to part company with my car.....

Hope you all got back ok... and it was good to see everyone!

Mwah mwah mwah!

xxxxxx

Mr P

Re: NEC 2012. November 16th 17th & 18th - Guinney1971 - 19 Nov 2012

glad you and Leanne got home ok Ben - and I cant believe you'd even CONSIDER selling BLM2Y !!! Shock

BTW, PM me your email addy, got some great pics of you and Leanne over the weekend that I can email to you
if you want.

Chat soon,