The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side (/showthread.php?tid=3435)

re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - steve.s - 01 May 2012

Hi all

i still have a few bits and bobs left, (but i do intend on buying another car when times get better!)

anyway i have 2 new window motor assemblies, never fitted (i got my orginials working)
They are normally 225 euros+shipping just checked nearly £180 to buy.

any offers?, say 65% of new cost+postage at cost?.

think i got them from deloreanone...cant remember. They are the aftermarket ones that everyone sells, with the fitting bracket (as the old one is not used)

Regards

Steve

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - Guinney1971 - 01 May 2012

could be interested in these Steve, as both #2292 and #6772 have
issues with inop electric windows.

I think one of mine is the motor, the other is a dodgy switch.

Will chat to Phill later and ask him.

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - steve.s - 02 May 2012

hi

no problem. is that a good discount 35%? they have never been on a car.

would refund of course if they did not work!

i remember taking the door apart, then tried feeding one in..was a bit tricky so in the end i managed to fix my existing one (althout a bit slow!).

i know Chris N had fitted many of these, so he can give some tips i would guess.

Might negotiate a tiny bit on the price, as i do not need them (until maybe i buy another D!! rebuild)
but need to pay bills now unfortunately.

Regards

Steve

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - JamesRGUK - 03 May 2012

steve.s Wrote:hi

no problem. is that a good discount 35%? they have never been on a car.

would refund of course if they did not work!

i remember taking the door apart, then tried feeding one in..was a bit tricky so in the end i managed to fix my existing one (althout a bit slow!).

i know Chris N had fitted many of these, so he can give some tips i would guess.

Might negotiate a tiny bit on the price, as i do not need them (until maybe i buy another D!! rebuild)
but need to pay bills now unfortunately.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

I PM'd you an offer (which I think was over 65%) but hadn't heard anything as yet.

Are they still for sale?

Ta

James

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - steve.s - 03 May 2012

sorry James, just checked, yes they are still for sale.

the £180 i think is each! (yes i thought alot), will check though.

will sell at 65% of vendors price be it Ed or Deloreanone. gives a good 35% of new price and if you around wolvo-birmingham you can collect if you want, or will post at face value.

regards

steve

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - Guinney1971 - 03 May 2012

Steve, I cant commit to buying these right now sadly, just had to tax 3 cars and MOT one,
so been an expensive week.

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - JamesRGUK - 03 May 2012

steve.s Wrote:sorry James, just checked, yes they are still for sale.

the £180 i think is each! (yes i thought alot), will check though.

will sell at 65% of vendors price be it Ed or Deloreanone. gives a good 35% of new price and if you around wolvo-birmingham you can collect if you want, or will post at face value.

regards

steve

Ahh ok, I know Martin sells them for £299 per pair, so I would have though £200-£250 is probably a good price point.

I think I'm going to have to leave it for now, especially as MOT and Insurance run out on the DeLorean in 2 weeks time! that always creeps around quicker then you think!

Good luck with the sale I'm sure somone will snap them up as they are always sort after.

James

Re: re window motor assembly for sale-one for each side - stunned_monkey - 05 May 2012

I haven't bought any stock in for a while as they sell very slowly. I buy them from A1 Electric in the US which is where everyone gets them, but I used to get 5 pairs in at a time and save quite a bit on shipping.