The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe (/showthread.php?tid=3357)

DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Chris Williams - 18 Mar 2012

Not sure if this will take any ones fancy escpecially with the 'suggested' donation to charity, however all the contact details are below.

Hello,

Hope you are all well.

We need 60 of the best cars for a stunning Concours d’elegance at Windsor Castle in September to help celebrate the Queens Jubilee.

Below there is a press release with details of the cars and dates spanning the 60 years that we would like to see in this Jubilee Celebration at one of the most prestigious locations in the world.

For more information please feel free to get in touch with either myself or Rebecca Nicholls on 01453 260063.

If you are able to release this press release to all your members or put a news item on your website that would be fantastic.

Best Wishes

Helen

For Immediate Release:

World's best 60 cars needed to help celebrate the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

Sixty of the most stunning concours d'elegance condition cars from around the world will help celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with a spectacular display to be held in the quadrangle of Windsor Castle. The Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance open to the public on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September 2012, will be one of the most impressive and important events in the motoring calendar ever. It will be complemented by a Jubilee Tour of Elegance from London to Windsor Castle on Sunday 9 September.

The 60 cars for the Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance are coming from around the world including the USA, Europe, Argentina and, of course, Britain. Only vehicles of the very highest show standards have been invited and this will be a unique event. The display will be open to the public on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September with tickets available from £25 each – all proceeds go to charity.

In addition to the Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance, on Sunday 9 September a Jubilee Tour of Elegance, in association with Octane magazine, will depart from central London and take a specially chosen route to Windsor. The final approach will include a spectacular drive up to Windsor Castle. Classic and performance cars will be selected from 1952 to date, representing each year of Her Majesty the Queen’s reign. Entrants on the Jubilee Tour of Elegance will have free access to the Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance in return for a donation, plus brunch en-route.

How to enter the Jubilee Tour of Elegance

Please find below a list of classic and performance cars we would like to invite to attend this event on Sunday 9 September. The dates represent the first year of their manufacture. Cars must be insured and MoT’d for use on public roads and in clean, original condition. Drivers and passengers are encouraged to dress in period clothing.

The tour will leave central London (exact location to be announced) and will proceed to Windsor Castle. A route map will be provided. There is no competition involved.

Tour participants will have free entry (worth £25 per person) to the exclusive Windsor Castle Concours of Elegance on arrival but we are encouraging entrants to make a minimum contribution to charity of £100 per car. If owners are willing, we will also be auctioning a number of additional seats for charity to members of the public.

If you would like your car to be considered for this very exclusive event, please email a clear photograph of your car and a short (no more than 100 word) description of your acquisition/ownership history of the vehicle and contact details to: Rebecca@eventspr.co.uk. Please also indicate whether you would be willing to carry additional passengers, and if so the number.For further details, please visit: www.classicandperformancecar.com

1952 Bentley R Type // Riley RME

1953 Aston Martin DB2/4 // Austin Healey 100 // Porsche 550

1954 Jaguar XK140 // Alfa Romeo Giulietta // Jensen 541

1955 Bentley S1 // Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud // Jaguar Mk1

1956 Austin Healey 100-6 // BMW 507 // Jaguar Mk VIII

1957 Jaguar XK150 //Lotus 7

1958 Lancia Flaminia // Bristol 406 // Aston Martin DB4

1959 Mini // Jaguar Mk2 // Maserati 5000GT

1960 Alvis TD21 // Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato // Saab 96

1961 Jaguar E-Type // Lancia Flavia // Triumph TR4

1962 MGB // Bentley S3 // Alfa Romeo Giulia

1963 Aston Martin DB5 // Lamborghini 350GT // Gorfon Keeble

1964 Porsche 911 // Ferrari 275GTB // Sunbeam Tiger

1965 Ford Mustang // Ford GT40 // Aston Martin DB6 // Bristol 409

1966 Jensen Interceptor // Lamborghini Miura // Alfa Romeo Spider

1967 Toyota 2000GT // Aston Martin DBS // TVR Vixen

1968 Ferrari Daytona // Morgan Plus 8 // Triumph TR5

1969 Bristol 411 // Triumph TR6 // Ford Capri

1970 Range Rover // Triumph Stag // Citroen SM // Lamborghini Urraco

1971 Maserati Bora // Alfa Romeo Alfasud // Bentley Corniche

1972 Bentley Corniche // Lancia Stratos // Jenson-Healey

1973 Ferrari 308 GT4 // Maserati Khamsin

1974 Lamborghini Countach // Lotus Eclat

1975 Triumph TR7 // Jaguar XJ-S // Rolls-Royce Camargue

1976 Aston Martin Lagonda // Lotus Esprit // Porsche 924

1977 Porsche 928 // Alfa Romeo Giulietta // BMW E23

1978 BMW M1 // Mazda RX-7

1979 Lancia Delta // Mercedes-Benz S-Class W126

1980 Audi quattro // Ferrari Mondial // Austin Metro

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 // Lamborghini Jalpa // Maserati Biturbo

1982 Lotus Excel // Porsche 944

1983 BMW M635CSi // Land Rover Defender // Peugeot 205

1984 Ferrari 288GTO // Ferrari Testarossa // Bentley 8

1985 Bentley Turbo R // BMW M5 // Ferrari 328

1986 Porsche 959 // BMW M3 // Aston V8 Zagato

1987 Ferrari F40 // Ferrari 348 // Land Rover Discovery

1988 Porsche 964

1989 Aston Martin Virage // BMW Z1

1990 Honda NSX

1991 TVR Griffith // Bentley Continental R

1992 McLaren F1 // Jaguar XJ220 // Ferrari 456

1993 Aston Martin DB7 // Porsche 993

1994 Maserati Quattroporte // Jaguar XJ // Ferrari F355

1995 Ferrari 355GTS

1996 Lotus Elise // TVR Cerbera // Porsche Boxster

1997 Jaguar XK // Bentley Turbo RT

1998 Bentley Arnage // Porsche 996

1999 Pagani Zonda // Ferrari 360

2000 Lotus Exige // Morgan Aero 8 // BMW Z8

2001 Aston Martin Vanquish

2002 Ferrari Enzo // Koenigsegg CC8S // Lamborghini Murciélago

2003 Lamborghini Gallardo // Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren

2004 Porsche Carrera GT // Aston Martin DB9 // Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

2005 Bugatti Veyron // Aston Martin Vantage // Gumbert Apollo

2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano // Lotus Europa S // Audi R8

2007 Nissan GT-R // Maserati GranTurismo

2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe // Jaguar XF // Lotus Evora

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia // Aston Martin Rapide // Jaguar XJ

2010 Aston Martin One-77 // Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

2011 Lamborghini Aventador // Ferrari FF // Porsche 991

Re: DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Guinney1971 - 25 Mar 2012

tbh, I would have thought the cost of entering this event will put most folks off, I know its put
us off Sad

Re: DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Chris Williams - 25 Mar 2012

I have to say I do aggree with Claire on this, nothing wrong with the idea of the event BUT I think it's a bit much to expect the person going to the trouble to supply a car to pay £100 when they are then charging FROM £25.00 for the public to view the cars. Thats just my opinion I think they will struggle to get all the vehicles that they want. But I hope you do get to do the event I'm sure your car will be very well received

Chris

Re: DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Guinney1971 - 26 Mar 2012

TBH Steven, if you want to go to Windsor Castle and be part of this, whether your car is
'original' or not, then go for it!! Most people associate the car with the film anyway (the
others associate it with tax payers money and cocaine :roll: ) - and at least when somone
inevitably says "where's the flux capacitor"....... :wink:

You're car, with its history, is unique in its own right in the UK, and you should be justifiably (sp)
proud to own it and show it off and of course raise so much money for charity with it.

Go for it, have a great day, and take lots of pics of our Diamond Queen sitting in the Time Machine 8)

Re: DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Rissy - 01 Jun 2012

bttf car Wrote:1 speed bump and im stuffed

Why?

Your car should do speed humps ok, if you take them slow. I used to have collapsed springs at the front, and although it was touch and go for a couple, I still made it over ok...

I thought about putting myself forward for this, but didn't think the car was up to the mark enough. She's far from concourse...

Re: DeLorean (and others) needed for Queens jubilee 9th Septembe - Chris Williams - 04 Jun 2012

Thats great news, I'm sure it will be a great event. I dont think you need worry about the roads to much, you only have to take a look at the list of cars they wanted a lot of those would not get over some of the UK's potholes never mind speed bumps. Some very low supercars on that list.
Have a great day.

Chris