The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Washer Bottle Cap - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Washer Bottle Cap (/showthread.php?tid=3178)

Washer Bottle Cap - ayr41 - 06 Aug 2011

Is there a cross reference for the screw on washer bottle cap which fits from another car or pop bottle!!!, mine has split and loose and can't seem to find one that fits. Thanks

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Guinney1971 - 10 Aug 2011

is it worth seeing if Dave Howarth or Chris Parnham have a spare one anywhere?

Not sure on the parts x-ref tho, it might be a case of ferreting round a few scrap
yards with your old one to try and find a match.

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - ayr41 - 13 Aug 2011

Yes seems the answer Claire, closest I have come is a Honda Motorcycle Brake fluid cap but it had the Honda wing logo on it so didn't fancy that.

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - stunned_monkey - 14 Aug 2011

Try jam jar lids... and I'm not kidding. That used to be what you got from DMCH

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Guinney1971 - 15 Aug 2011

stunned_monkey Wrote:Try jam jar lids... and I'm not kidding. That used to be what you got from DMCH

serious? !! Shock

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Rissy - 15 Aug 2011

stunned_monkey Wrote:Try jam jar lids... and I'm not kidding. That used to be what you got from DMCH

This is really funny, i was going to suggest the exact same thing last week, but didn't for fear of ridicule. Should always speak my mind, i guess is the lesson here. I was also going to suggest coffee jar lids too.

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - JamesRGUK - 17 Aug 2011

Damn why do I never catch a break, I only have marmalade in the cupboard...

hmmm now I'm thinking that the lid on a Marmite jar might be about the right size, if only I liked Marmite!

J

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Guinney1971 - 18 Aug 2011

so spend £2 on a jar of Marmite (other yeast extract products are available) and find out
you tight wad!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Rissy - 19 Aug 2011

...what an utter waste of a good £2!

Marmite!!!!......YU.........UCK!

Pleh!

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Nick H - 19 Aug 2011

Marmite, you luv it or hate it. Tam treats it like chemical waste. :lol:

When I worked at Pilbeam's my mate in the machine shop was the CNC turning center guru. He knocked up a really nice aluminium oil filler cap for his Honda Civic complete with Honda logo. If you know someone with access to machine tools who could do you a favour, a nice custom cap with DMC logo could result.

Regards
Nick H

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - Guinney1971 - 19 Aug 2011

ooh, get em made Nick, I'd have one - and it would look better then a bright
yellow marmite lid lol

Re: Washer Bottle Cap - stunned_monkey - 20 Aug 2011

In case of any confusion, it wasn't ACTUALLY a jam jar lid, but it was a pressed steel cap like you get on a jam jar... if you catch my drift.