The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Seatbelt dash alarm - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DELOREAN HELP AND ADVICE & PARTS CROSS REFERENCE (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 3 - Electrical (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Seatbelt dash alarm (/showthread.php?tid=2570)

Pages: 1 2

Seatbelt dash alarm - Rissy - 26 Dec 2009

Is the DMC supposed to have a seatbelt not fastened alarm upon ignition and a passenger in place but without a seatbelt on?

I'm asking as there is an allowance for it on the dashboard, but mine doesn't work (if its supposed to?) and I can't see an appropriate circuit any place (workshop manual etc) to indicate that is should work in the first place!?

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - TheOriginalMrP - 29 Dec 2009

Hey rissy.....

The part you are probably missing is this....

[Image: 100464.jpg]

http://www.delorean.com/store/p-7012-se ... -unit.aspx

This plugs in on a plate fitted just under the dash, but on top of the steering column... it may actually be still there, but most owners unplug it to be rid of the annoying buzzing at startup. It also makes the seat belt light work. If you can locate this plug, you can do what i did, and short out the 2 center pins in order to make the seat belt light function work, but not have the annoying buzzing sound.... if you want stock, just plug it back on... if its missing, then go from there

Hope this helps

Mr P
xx

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - Rissy - 29 Dec 2009

....AAaaaaahh. right. I've NEVER seen anything with regards to that before....obviously not been looking hard enough. lol. There is still NO sign of this little device in any circuit diagrams!? weird.

Anyway, that answers a question. I'll have to check it out, and see if i can find it on my car, or at least the lack of it!? :-s

How do these things work anyway? Is it wired into pressure sensors on the seats somwhere, in hand with the seatbelt locator next to the centre console or something!?

cheers cheers cheers. :-D

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - stunned_monkey - 30 Dec 2009

It's above the steering column under the dash and it is present and it does work, and I can pretty much guarantee that the novelty will wear off in about, oooooh, 5 minutes and you'll unplug it again because it's utterly pointless, irritating and doesn't tell you the one piece of info a buzzer really is useful for: letting you know you've left your lights on.

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - Rich H - 30 Dec 2009

It only has a switch in the seat beat catch, nothing in the seat.

The buzzer sounds for about five seconds when you start the car, after that the light stays lit.

The buzzer box is item 246 on the wiring diagram just to the top/right of the ignition switch...

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - Rissy - 30 Dec 2009

ok people. Found it. That whole equipment assembly is there, it seems, although its rattling around above the steering column instead of being fixed nice a securely.

Anyway, wow! annoying. But i don't think it would be so bad if it was working properly if it is supposed to work the way you say it is. Right now, its doing the following:

Step 1. Put key in ignition.
Step 2. Turn key to either start the engine or sit there with ignition on.
At this point, the buzzer starts.
After 5 seconds, its still going.
After 30 seconds, its still going....
...getting the trend here?
Step 3. Try sitting in the seat and closing up BOTH seat belts.
....yup, you guessed it, buzzer still going!?
Step 4. If not started the engine yet, then start it, only to find....
...Buzzer STILL going! (Aaaarrrggghhhhh!! lol)
Step 5. Switch off ignition, fully.
...BUZZER STILL GOING!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH MY....GOD.....!! :-D
Step 6. Pull key from Ignition.
Silence. Ahhhhh! bliss.

At no point did the warning light on the dash illuminate. (The bit i'd really quite like to work instead of the buzzer.)

Anyone any ideas?

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - stunned_monkey - 30 Dec 2009

Seatbelt buckle *might* mot be plugged in.... :wink:

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - stunned_monkey - 31 Dec 2009

By that I meant the sensor...

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - Rissy - 31 Dec 2009

stunned_monkey Wrote:By that I meant the sensor...

Hmm. So where would one find that? :-)

Edit: I think i've seen where it is on the DMC website, but does that mean i have to get underneath the carpet to get at it somehow? How easy is it to pull the carpet away considering the seat itself is like, RIGHT THERE!? Obviously, i'd have to get at BOTH yeah?

follow the wire from the buckle.

...Had a look.

There only seems to be a wire coming from the Driver's side Buckle......is that correct? Only one sensor?

...And, the sensor, as thought, immediately, disappears behind the console side carpeting. There is a bunch or wires coming out from the end of the Console, under the dash, which might appear to be from there, amongst other things....i'm guessing, but where is the connector plugs for the sensor? Are they under the carpet? If so, then that would be a devil of a job to try and get to!?

Yes only the driver's side has a sensor - you don't always drive with a passenger innit? Tongue

The wire from the seatbelt sensor goes rearwards I believe.

.....you're always good for talking in very short sentences Martin.

Rearward. good. cool. where to? are the connection plugs for the buckle sensor immediately underneath the carpet next to the buckle, or are they further down the line? How would one get access to wherever the area of interest is for plugging in the plug that isn't connected up?

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - stunned_monkey - 01 Jan 2010

I honestly can't remember but it's less than 2'. You can pull the carpet out from under the centre console without removing it, though removing the console will allow you to find the mating connector, assuming it isn't plugged in - I genuinely can't remember where it connects.

Re: Seatbelt dash alarm - Rissy - 01 Jan 2010

ok. thanks.

so you can pull the carpet out from under the console? i might try that then, and have a wee look and see what i can see then. :-)

i still don't understand why the cables would run rearward if the circuit it all connects into, is fwd?....anyway.

I'll let you know how i get on. Thank you for eloborating a bit more. If i seemed short before, i guess its because i was having a bad day....you can only stay with the parents for so long before they start getting under your skin! lol!