The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DELOREAN HELP AND ADVICE & PARTS CROSS REFERENCE (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Suspension ball joint rubber boots (/showthread.php?tid=2188)

Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Dan6457 - 20 Apr 2009

Hi there,

Does anyone know if rubber boots for the lower front ball joints can be sourced on there own?

I fitted brand new john hervey ball joints and today I have notice that the rubber boots have cracked up already! :twisted: So the front suspension will have to come apart again now, will I ever finish this bloody thing :roll:

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - NickT - 20 Apr 2009

Dan1986 Wrote:Hi there,

Does anyone know if rubber boots for the lower front ball joints can be sourced on there own?

I fitted brand new john hervey ball joints and today I have notice that the rubber boots have cracked up already! :twisted: So the front suspension will have to come apart again now, will I ever finish this bloody thing :roll:

I think there is an advert in the back of "practical classics" where you specify 2 dimensions. I will have a look. Might be worth having a couple in as a spare just for that MOT failure !

NickT

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - NickT - 20 Apr 2009

Hi Dan,

I've had a quick look and I can't find the advert now. Typical.

Anyway, I came across ebay items:

Might be useful. You would have to mesure the large and the small diameters of your original covers first.

Good luck.

NickT

ps If they fit, get the job lot !

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Dan6457 - 20 Apr 2009

Cheers for that Nick, I will measure up the ball joints tomorrow and see if they will fit. If they don't I'm a bit stuffed :?

The moral of the story is, John Herveys ball joints are crap! And I bought his because I was told the DMCH ones were also crap. :roll:

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Dan6457 - 21 Apr 2009

Hi there, I just measured up a balljoint and it looks like the smaller size of those boots fit, so I've ordered a pack. Lets hope these ones don't crack up after 2 months :roll:

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Darren C - 21 Apr 2009

Hi Dan,

You can get them from DMCH individually for pennies. Get Warren to put them in a jiffy bag US Postal service, it bypasses customs due to the low value, costs $2 postage and you'll get them in a week Big Grin

I've got them on my car and they've been on 18 months with no cracks.

Regards
D

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Dan6457 - 21 Apr 2009

Ahhh to late. I've ordered a pack of the ones nick found now :roll:

Re: Suspension ball joint rubber boots - Tourettes Tony - 21 Apr 2009

i had new ones 4 years ago maybe i should check them TT