The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Sorry to be a wet blanket - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Sorry to be a wet blanket (/showthread.php?tid=1826)

Pages: 1 2

Sorry to be a wet blanket - Robert Monk - 27 Aug 2008

Cry Can we go back to the old forum layout PLZ, i have had five probs so far.

The first two posts i did would not post on the forum,

Then in locked me out for about 2hours,

When I've read a text the new post light is still flashing,

Two minuets ago I just summited 15 lines of texts and it said I wasn't logged in and wiped the lot.

If this comes up i will be very surprised!! :x :x

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Robert Monk - 27 Aug 2008

Shock Shock Shock

GOOD GOD IT WORKED!!!!

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Dan6457 - 27 Aug 2008

I have to say I havn't had any problems whatsoever. It works spot on for me, so cant be anything wrong with the forum itself.

I now deep down there's no fault on the forum, its just the latest prob on a long list of C**K ups that happened to me and this was the straw that broke the camels back and i needed to let of steam!!! Sad

Sorry everyone. Sad

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Dan6457 - 27 Aug 2008

At least you havn't spent the day laying under a bloody pug 306 :twisted:

Big Grin Trust me the week I'm having that would be an improvement Big Grin Big Grin

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Daniel Shane - 27 Aug 2008

Robert Monk Wrote:.
Cry Can we go back to the old forum layout PLZ, i have had five probs so far.

The first two posts i did would not post on the forum,

Then in locked me out for about 2hours,

When I've read a text the new post light is still flashing,

Two minuets ago I just summited 15 lines of texts and it said I wasn't logged in and wiped the lot.

If this comes up i will be very surprised!! :x :x

I tell you what, why dont you spend 3 days fixing it next time :roll:

If you had read my posts about the forum you would of seen that it wasn't something I wanted to do, but if we didn't update then we could of lost the whole thing! I did alot of testing before I updated the forum and it all works fine for me, otherwise I wouldnt of gone live with the new version.

I understand that a few people want things changed like colours, icons etc but it's not just a case of copying the old style over, between versions the makers of the forum changed how almost everything works Shock

The Forum should not lock you out. If you get your login details wrong 3 times in a row it will then ask you again but also to enter a special code that it shows onscreen.

If you want to mark all the forums as read there is now an option for this. On the main forum page, the one showing the all of the sub forums there is an option on the upper right hand side above all the lists in the grey bar called Mark Forums Read. This will make everything read for you.

You may need to clear the cookie stored on your computer and also your cache.

If you have any problems let me know, but please underdstand I only look after the forum in my spare time. I have a very busy daytime job in IT and the last thing I really want to do is turn a computer on when I get home :wink:

Dan

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Phil Peters - 28 Aug 2008

Dan1986 Wrote:At least you havn't spent the day laying under a bloody pug 306 :twisted:

Everything ok with your 306 Dan?

Cheers,

Phil
(also Pug-powered :wink: )

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Dan6457 - 28 Aug 2008

I was getting it sorted for its MOT. new brake pads, new brake hoses, new track rod ends, new wishbone bushes, oil and filter change. All done now.

Is yours on veggy oil yet?

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Robert Monk - 28 Aug 2008

Daniel Shane Wrote:I tell you what, why don't you spend 3 days fixing it next time :roll:

etc, ect,

If you have any problems let me know, but please understand I only look after the forum in my spare time. I have a very busy daytime job in IT and the last thing I really want to do is turn a computer on when I get home :wink:

Dan

Sorry for the out burst Dan, I was have a bad couple of days. Sad

I Spent the whole of yestday afternoon having a play with all the new features and I must say I like the new fomat and eveything Big Grin

I can only applogise again for my out burst, and I didn't mean to up set anyone. Sad Sad

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Glen & Sam - 28 Aug 2008

rob

come on matey if i can use this new fourm then you can :lol:

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Phil Peters - 01 Sep 2008

Dan1986 Wrote:Is yours on veggy oil yet?

Not yet mate, unfortunately. I haven't had time to change the pump over yet but hopefully in the next few weeks I can get it sorted Big Grin

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Guinney1971 - 01 Sep 2008

Phil Peters Wrote:
Dan1986 Wrote:Is yours on veggy oil yet?

Not yet mate, unfortunately. I haven't had time to change the pump over yet but hopefully in the next few weeks I can get it sorted Big Grin

Phil, you still coming over to ours on the 20th for a veggie tech sesh? Big Grin

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Dan6457 - 01 Sep 2008

:lol: Sounds like a fun day. I can see it being a very smelly day too Big Grin

Re: Sorry to be a wet blanket - Guinney1971 - 01 Sep 2008

Dan1986 Wrote::lol: ................I can see it being a very smelly day too Big Grin

depends on what I give Phill for his tea the night before tbh..... :roll: