The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Newbie here... - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Newbie here... (/showthread.php?tid=1738)

Newbie here... - S3Envy - 20 Jul 2008

Hey Guys and Girls!

I've been floating around on this forum every now and then over the last few years as I had every intention of buying a DeLorean.
However, being a little bit of a 'power-freak', everytime the money was available I spent it on a perfomance car, currently owning a 57' Audi S3 which is my pride and joy. :twisted:

Recently, I have been tempted back into the world of DeLorean again and this time I'm not giving up until I find a car I like! Big Grin

Hopefully I'll be popping over to PJ Grady next weekend to have a chat with the guys and see what they can do to help. Ideally, I'm after a 81' or 82' Manual, with Grey Interior and sans Gas Flap. Although I'll consider any car that is in nice condition.

Anyway, thought I should say 'Hi!' to all as I have every intention of becoming part of the dream. 8)

- Flux Capacitor - 20 Jul 2008

Hi! I hope you get a nice D and have fun living the dream! 8)

- NickT - 20 Jul 2008

Go on, you know you want to Big Grin

NickT

- TheOriginalMrP - 20 Jul 2008

Welcome to the forum! The guys in here are one of the best sources of information available, so you came to the right place! Good luck with your mission.

- Guinney1971 - 21 Jul 2008

Hi mate, welcome to DOC-UK Smile

PJ Grady are your best bet for sourcing a car to your requirements - actually,
they've got a car in a the moment belonging to tc ozzie on this forum that
might be up your street - also, this was the car used in the 'Ticket Outta Looserville'
video by Son of Dork Smile

I've seen the car myself, and its really nice Smile

- S3Envy - 21 Jul 2008

Cheers guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Recieved an e-mail from Jenny at PJ Grady today and she mentioned that they have a 81' manual in at the moment.
I'm going to pop down on Saturday to have a look and hopefully it'll be right up my street!

- Guinney1971 - 21 Jul 2008

cool!

whereabouts in Hertfordshire are you from? I lived in Stevenage (for my sins)
for the first 35 years of my time on this mortal coil :!:

- S3Envy - 21 Jul 2008

I'm situated in Potters Bar, but currently looking to move closer into London as it would be easier for traveling to work.

The only problem with that is the fact that I have a twin garage at the moment which is ideal, and a property in London that could accomodate two cars off-street would be £,£££,£££'s

In fact, one of my good friends has literally just moved to Stevenage Old Town, it's a very nice area around there! Smile

- Guinney1971 - 22 Jul 2008

S3Envy Wrote:In fact, one of my good friends has literally just moved to Stevenage Old Town, it's a very nice area around there! Smile

haha, its about the only bit that is!! I escaped in March 2006, and havent
looked back - and I lived in one of the nicer bits of town Shock

Most of the place is Chav Central now tbh - its not the town I grew up in
anymore, and a place I was once proud of Sad

Anyway, we digress :wink:

Good luck getting a car! Smile