Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,017
» Latest member: EleanoreFa
» Forum threads: 6,371
» Forum posts: 57,135

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: PEDelorean
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 20
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 139
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 24
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 252,786
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,499
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 404
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 37
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 42
Car Show, Swansea. 2nd Ju...
Forum: Wales
15 Mar 2024, 17:59
» Views: 49

He knows what he's talking about - obviously(!)
Posted by: Barson - 22 Jun 2007, 20:18 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (1)

So, I was in the pub and leafing through the Eye and I came across this little piece:

[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/drlanceangry/quentin'cock'wilson.jpg[/img]

I love this guy. It's not what you know about cars that counts it's how large the cheque is. shitster.

enjoy

Print this item

Top Gear Magazine
Posted by: mikesumner - 22 Jun 2007, 20:15 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (13)

I've just been reading my Top Gear Magazine and got to an article about the new Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe.

In it it says that the team behind the car admit to having studied a DeLorean when designing the stainless steel bonnet that contrasts the painted bodywork.

Obviously the usual jibes are made about the DeLorean not being worthy of being involved in the development of a car like a Roller, but it's interesting to think that car designers are still aware of the D, and still look to it for inspiration all these years on.

Print this item

Is there a way of joing the DOC via paypal/card?
Posted by: Paul Mac - 22 Jun 2007, 15:38 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (6)

Does the DOC have a paypal account that I can pay into for club membership? Smile

Print this item

All I hoped and more
Posted by: Calavera - 22 Jun 2007, 14:26 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (23)

I picked up my new DeLorean from PJ Gradys two weeks ago and now I'm finally getting around to posting about it.
For those that don’t know Darren & Chris, let me tell you they are giants among men. What they have done in little over four months is truly astounding and I thank them.

The car its self is a pleasure to drive, far more than I was expecting. I'm getting used to the lack of power steering and reduced field of view. I getting used to the turning circle and the gearbox. I'm getting used to the Breaking and the onlookers. BUT the finger prints, oh my God the finder prints… I had read in the forums many times about finger prints and thought it slightly exaggerated. What do people be doing ? I stop into a shop and come out to paw marks on any exposed surface, it's flattering and maddening.

Since I started looking into buying a DeLorean almost 6 months ago I always had a little niggling fear of "Don't meet your heroes" I was worried that I have build it up in my head so much that when I actually received the car it wouldn’t be all I had hoped. I was wrong, the car is all I hoped and more. You get a great feeling that you are actually driving the car, making it go, being a vital part of the car. It's very satisfying as opposed the feeling in a modern car that you are the weakest link, only there to point it in the right direction while all the real driving is left to the cars computer.

Anyway this post turned out longer that I had expected. Here it what I really wanted to show you. The pictures!
Thanks again Darren & Chris!!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/RichardHyn...aJpnGDdBww

Richard H

Print this item

Wanted distributor and/or ignition module
Posted by: stinky - 22 Jun 2007, 12:00 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (6)

Does anyone have a distributor and/or ignition module that they would be interested in selling or can anyone recommend a good supplier?

Cheers

Paul

Print this item

Ok, So I made a Delorean saving chart, have a look.
Posted by: Paul Mac - 22 Jun 2007, 03:03 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (17)

Obviously, money matters are always a personal thing, but on this occasion I think it would do me good to have a visual representation of my saving progress for a DMC 12. I think perhaps i'll make it into a signature as well, as you can see below it will show the progress towards the £16,0000 that I think i'll need Smile

Please excuse the crudeness of the line drawing Smile

[Image: DMC_GUAGE.jpg]

Print this item

So, how many stares do you get when you take your D12 out?..
Posted by: Paul Mac - 21 Jun 2007, 20:17 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (22)

.......and how often do you drive it?

Print this item

Historic Car Tax - Government response to e-petition...
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 21 Jun 2007, 17:55 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (15)

Well, here ya go guys and gals...........like this isnt a total suprise anyway.... :roll:

Historiccartax - epetition reply21 June 2007

We received a petition asking:

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to change the tax exemption laws for historic motor cars."

Details of Petition:

"Currently cars have to have been constructed before a set date - the 1st January 1973 to be eligible for historic car tax exemption. We the undersigned would like the date to be move as it has been fixed for a number of years. A number of cars which were built in British factories are becoming few and far between and would like the Government to help preserve these cars by offering and extension on the current exemption date."

Their response:
The Government is committed to using Vehicle Excise Duty as a means of bringing environmental factors into consideration when people choose to take ownership of a car. Vehicle Excise Duty also helps to support the Government's wider policy objectives by providing a valuable source of revenue from which important public services may be funded.

The Government recognises that many historic car owners would have been disappointed when the 1998 Budget decision was made to freeze the rolling 25 year exemption at 1973. However, the Government continues to judge that in the light of its environmental focus for Vehicle Excise Duty it would be inappropriate to extend the exemption at this point in time.

It should be noted that the current exemption remains in force, currently benefiting some 307,407 vehicles, many of which will be maintained in careful preservation by their owners. The exemption applies equally to all historic cars built before January 1973 irrespective of their country of manufacture.

Some other types of historic vehicle are also exempt from payment of Vehicle Excise Duty. This Government decided to make all steam powered vehicles exempt from April 2001, benefiting vehicles like preserved steam powered road rollers and traction engines. Historic lorries built before 1973 are also exempt, provided that they are not used commercially.

The Government believes that it has got the balance right in the current exemptions it offers. In considering the case for further exemptions or changes to existing ones the Government has to consider the stability of its tax measures, the consistency of its environmental signal, and the costs of delivery - these would include initial implementation costs and ongoing administrative costs.

What a load of old cr@p!!! What the hell is taxing beleagured "motorists" who mostly use classic cars for pleasure and do bugger all mileage, gonna do to save the planet exactly? Green taxes my ar$e! :evil:

Looks like we're gonna have to keep coughing up for a few more years.... :roll:

Print this item

BTTF/DeLorean pinball....
Posted by: Chris Williams - 21 Jun 2007, 16:32 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (4)

Whilst browsing for sapce invader machines on ebay I came across this which I have not seen before. It' a BTTF thened pinball machine. Not sure of the make but does not seem a bad price to me... There are videos on the ebay posting.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BACK-TO-THE-FUTUR ... dZViewItem

This sale has nothing to do with me BTW Smile

Just passing on info, wish I had the money to buy it though. Would go well with my other machines.

Chris

Print this item

Fancy a 1 in 600 shot of winning a Delorean?
Posted by: Paul Mac - 21 Jun 2007, 04:36 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - No Replies

Just came across this site (sorry if it's been posted as i'm new) - but they're selling raffle tickets to win a Delorean, I thought i'd give it a pop as it's only £27 Smile

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/delorean-raffle-car.html

..as they say, if you're not in - you can't win Smile

Print this item