The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Adrian Flux - Cheap Insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All,

I'd recommend Adrian Flux (www.adrianflux.co.uk) for cheap insurance on a DeLorean.
I just spoke with Sureterm who offered me a 'great deal' (?) of £750 fully comprehensive.
Adrian Flux just quoted me £209 all in - a massive saving, and the quotes are like for like.
This was against Pilot 20 - with a pretty high value attached. Probably helps that I don't intend to drive it very much.

Certainly worth a call - the last DeLorean I insured with these guys was around the same price - so they're pretty consistent.

Darren
darran

im with then and the bttf car is only £209.99 errr dont know what happend there matey but the operator must have pressed the wroung button you need to speak to neil the the manager who will sort a very good deal out for all delorean owners
Insurance on Pilot 20 has been pretty tricky - as the build year is 1980 - and most of the computer systems only list 81,2 and 3 as options.

£209 for a year isn't bad - in fact it's pretty good considering how much it costs to get these things repaired if they get a whack!

Thanks for the Sureterm name Glen - I just went through the switchboard and got a default operator.

Darren
Glen,

Any chance you know the surname of this 'Neil' please matey.

Would like to think I can get a better deal than the £252.00p (£25 policy issue fee/ £45 breakdown cover) they are quoting me for renewal.

What do you think guy's have I got a decent deal there anyway?

Cheers

Best regards

Carl

bozzzydmc

Please remember this is the company that we have set up a discounted scheme with as this posting;

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1547

Please remember to tell them your a DOC club member to get a discount and there is also a freephone number (in the posting) to save on the old phone bill :wink:

Chris
Also Adrian Flux make a donation to Club funds for every policy they do for a DeLorean to a DOC Club member Big Grin

And yes, we have had some donations from them this year Smile
£507, yowsers
MikeH Wrote:£507, yowsers

Let us know how you get on with other quotes - I'd expect you to be able to do significantly better than that. (Richard Hoskins, Hagerty's and Bishop Calway my top tips). Good luck!
been trying those, The problem is they wont insure me because i dont have a daily driver... Yes i cycle to work so i cant have a classic car?

Still working on trying to better it but this is for a 25yr old, 6years ncb, 5000 limited miles and agreed value of £20,000
MikeH Wrote:been trying those, The problem is they wont insure me because i dont have a daily driver... Yes i cycle to work so i cant have a classic car?

Still working on trying to better it but this is for a 25yr old, 6years ncb, 5000 limited miles and agreed value of £20,000

Ah, yes, the absence of daily driver will stitch you up on classic policies. My best quote was stymied because my named driver (girlfriend) didn't have a daily driver. We needed to have one each!
I insured my DeLorean fully comp as my main driver for just £30 odd more than the classic policy. Unlimited mileage and business use too although last year I only did 100 miles for business. Like Mike I mostly cycle to work so in reality it isn't used much Mon-Fri....
I'm with adrian flux and they didn't ask if its my main car or not, they did ask If I have access to other vehicles though but didn't want proof. I got mine down a bit by added my parents as named drivers because they are ancient they think they must be safe drivers, they have never driven it though :wink:

I renewed my policy in January, I hope they made the donation to the club....?
Can't understand that Mike.....

When I first insured my D with AON, I only had a company car, which didn't need to be declared to them.

Weather I had a daily driver was irrelavent.

My premium is £265 per year, unlimited miles, full breakdown cover for any car, ( £196 without this!) Agreed value of 19K, european cover, windscreen cover etc.

I seriously advise you to shop round, as my first quotes were silly.

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Can't understand that Mike.....

When I first insured my D with AON, I only had a company car, which didn't need to be declared to them.

Weather I had a daily driver was irrelavent.

My premium is £265 per year, unlimited miles, full breakdown cover for any car, ( £196 without this!) Agreed value of 19K, european cover, windscreen cover etc.

I seriously advise you to shop round, as my first quotes were silly.

Ben

Yes, the phrase is 'do you have access to another car' if you're a named driver on another car
(your parents perhaps?) then that will bring your premium down considerably even if you never drive
their car.

Having said that with a good screwdriver and a little electrical knowledge you could probably have access to
100's of cars, but I don't think that's what they're looking for ;-)

J
Pages: 1 2