The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: delorean battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi

i know this is probley a daft thing to ask as the car i use has about twenty five battery running it but does any know what is the best battery amp wise as the one i have at the moment is not holding charge any more but i need a liitle more amp hours to run my new toy on the back i as looking aroung 100 amp or more nik what was that one you told ma about last year at halfords

got to get one or me,dan,malc will be pushing home next month Big Grin
well.

also, just to think about...what alternator do you have? it's help you if you had a nice alternator in your Delorean Smile

I've just received my 140 from hervey Smile.

can't wait to install it. Smile
i might just replace it with the same one but keep it running when the co2 comes out the back 8)

NickT

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=794

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1227

I have the same alternator, it's nice and compact, easy to fit and has so far been reliable.

In simple terms the car battery is rated in Amps Hour ie:

The time the car battery will keep it's charge is dependant on the current the connected device will use. For a 75Ah battery you can run:

1Amp device for 75 Hours
2Amp device for 36.5 Hours
10Amp device for 7.5 Hours
75Amp device for 1 Hour
100Amp device for 0.75 Hours

NickT
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Most of the links here are of no use now. Does anyone know where I can get a good replacement DeLorean battery, without modifying the battery compartment itself?
The highest current rated battery, for use with the standard alternator.

NickT

Depends how much you want to spend !

I bought a the one from Halfords as I have a trade card with them and the Calcium range are guaranteed for 4 years.

The 094 refers to the physical size of the battery, not the Amp Hour rating of it.

NickT.
Right...!
So they should do different quality batteries in the 094 size!

Cheers Nick :wink:
Paul

Try ringing Dave Howarth. I seem to recall he has original style DMC batteries, with the side attachment points....

John C
If you did ring Dave paul, maybe you could verify as to weather or not he had any of these original batteries? I need one myself, and I don't really want to make too many modifications if I can help it. Surely a reputable motor factors should be able to obtain any type of battery, including the same/similar dimension, and the correct terminal configurations. Surely these batteries wern't made solely for the DeLorean, so there must be a proper cross reference without the need for "blocks of wood" and terminal adaptors. :?:
My battery is on its way out now. I'll probably change it later in the year if it gets any worse, so a cross-reference would be handy Smile
I don't mind using a round terminal battery if push comes to shove, i just don't want to hack the terminals off the HD cables to fit new ones. I had an idea though, I seen these, and they look big enough to clamp onto the terminals, and remove 1 bolt, then connect onto existing terminal, then tighten back up. Think it will work?
[Image: 0620_1_sbl.JPG]

I'd still prefer the proper one though.
i just brought 2 clamps and cut the old side mounted ones off that was 3 years ago and its been fine TT
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:I don't mind using a round terminal battery if push comes to shove, i just don't want to hack the terminals off the HD cables to fit new ones. I had an idea though, I seen these, and they look big enough to clamp onto the terminals, and remove 1 bolt, then connect onto existing terminal, then tighten back up. Think it will work?

I'd still prefer the proper one though.

I used to get US battery terminal adapters that literally converted the UK post type to US side terminal type They were elegant and cheap but it's been ages since I last got them in. SOC stock brass clamps with M6 studs and wingnuts on them which will work but aren't as neat. I use a set on the Venturi which had a dead racing battery when I bought it. 01622 891777

Most prefer the proper battery, which is available, although the Delphi ones Dave used to do are usually out of stock. I source mine locally from another manufacturer and they come in in 2 days. They can't be couriered though Sad
Martin, do you mean like this?

[Image: 0a09_1.JPG]

The one wingnut can be changed for a nyloc nut with a washer, the other can stay as it is, but with a washer, that would make it ideal as a quick isolator maybe.........

Ive bought these, and a set of proper ones too which you need to cut the wires off - as a last resort. When i've got them physically in my hand, and i'm about to do the job, i'l see what looks/works the best.

Maybe I'll go to Halfords today and see how easy it is to source a nice calcium 094 battery... Though I can't see why an 065 or an 069 would not fit myself. :? (BMW 525, 528, 530, 535 ETC)

Cheers for everyone's input

Ben
Pages: 1 2 3