The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Tech Drawings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All;

Would anyone have a set of engineering / blueprint or tech drawings, by any chance?

As a matter of interest, I've been pondering on the possibilities of obtaining (for example) a spare set of wheels, and wondering whether an engineering house could actually make replicas.  I could of course take a front and back wheel off my car for them to measure, but then I'd be a bit stationary..!  And I have to confess to a bit of reluctance in case of damage in transit, etc.  But engineering drawings would be all a good manufacturer would need.
Also (as per another thread I started), the RH dash knee pad.  Surely not beyond the wit of man to have a duplicate made if originals are unavailable.
Anyway, that's where I'm going with the thought, if anyone has a set of drawings and could send me copies of bits, I'd be most grateful (and would pay any copying costs, obvs)!

Feel free to reach out for further discussion - grateful for any help/assistance/thoughts.

Cheers!

80sthrowback..
Someone had some new wheels made a few years ago to original design but +1" diameter on each. I think they might have been done in Germany... Possibly worth a conversation with Ed Using or someone?
I'm of the understanding that DMCH have all the blueprints for all the vehicle parts, so anything made outside away from them would have to be privately arranged via another method other than using blueprints. DMCH will have no interest in releasing their blueprints to anyone.
There was a second set in Norfolk...not sure if they were sold.
Think it was MartinG that had new sets done. DMCH seems to be clamping down on even more at the moment on reproductions and such like. I'm half expecting a letter regarding the owners club and forum!
https://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19246...owners-now
Chris
The ones in Norfolk were originals and filled a very large wardrobe ...£10k they were asking!
Thanks for the info!
Anyone know how I might be able to contact Martin G to enquire about his replicas and how he went about it..?

(11 Feb 2022, 20:58)Chris Williams Wrote: [ -> ]Think it was MartinG that had new sets done. DMCH seems to be clamping down on even more at the moment on reproductions and such like. I'm half expecting a letter regarding the owners club and forum!
https://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19246...owners-now
Chris
[quote pid='53728' dateline='1644609529']
Hi, just to note that it looks indeed as if dmch are on a bit of a push lately- they registered some marks in UK in 2016 and again last year. However in the UK we have a prior use defence for marks, even if unregistered, so I wouldn't panic! ?
[/quote]