The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: [WANTED] Original Engine for sale in the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I "might" be getting my hands on a project car with no engine. If anyone has one (possibly in the UK) and is willing to sell please get in touch.

Thanks!
Alan
Hi

i assume the one on ebay?.

i would be asking where the original engine went as pretty much anything can be rebuilt.

Where has it gone to?.

sorry i do not have one.....A DeLorean PRV is going to be hard to gind…..i take it you have costed how much a crate engine from USA.

if not could try for a safrane or volvo? are direct fits.

Maybe Stunned_Monkey on these forums may be able to advise as he was into engine changes/modding i think. he was running a Turbo (might have been an alpine engine?)

he is helpful and lent me some parts to try a few years ago.

Regards

Steve
(10 Sep 2019, 14:01)steve.s Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

i would be asking where the original engine went as pretty much anything can be rebuilt.

Where has it gone to?.

sorry i do not have one.....A DeLorean PRV is going to be hard to gind…..i take it you have costed how much a crate engine from USA.

Maybe Stunned_Monkey on these forums may be able to advise as he was into engine changes/modding i think. he was running a Turbo (might have been an alpine engine?)

Regards

Steve

You assume correctly Smile

As for the original engine, the seller gave that to Chris N some 5 years ago in exchange for the bodywork. I assume it's long gone. Will probably ask anyway should I win the auction Smile
(10 Sep 2019, 15:15)Hi i must admit, i thought it odd the seller would give away an engine....you could ask Chris N if he has anything, And Chris P and Dave Howarth might know where to source one from.if not any PRV based engine will fit, plus people of course have done others.Personally i like to keep to stock....but if i had to look for a safrane maybe....although they may be as hard to find.Regards Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 Sep 2019, 14:01)steve.s Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Where has it gone to?.

Regards

Steve

You assume correctly Smile

As for the original engine, the seller gave that to Chris N some 5 years ago in exchange for the bodywork. I assume it's long gone. Will probably ask anyway should I win the auction Smile
Your best bet would be (as suggested) to get a running car with the correct engine in. They do crop up from time to time, help would be given to guide.. You would require a sump and sandwich plate from a DeLorean spec engine but IIRC these were included in the sale.
Chris
the car being sold is owned by 'Stunned Monkey' (Martin G).
This project is currently for sale on eBay......not sure if it could supply buts..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274944198140?...SwcOFhLNh6