The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: 11789 firing up at last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Effort #1 - it fired up and ran on 3 or 4 cylinders . Initially I was ecstatic thinking an adjustment here and there would get it all ok? I posted on here saying that it was "Alive", well be that as it may, but it was "under the weather"!

Effort #2 I got nowhere - wouldn't even run!

Effort #3 Investigation showed that a PO had put in the distributor "a lot of" degrees out . the valve clearances were tight. and (my fault) a vac leak was spotted on the w pipe - which was not seated correctly and a turn of the distributor - it caught and it burst into life and revved nicely too.

Will now do some minor work to the engine - check for leaks - swop the rad and expansion tanks over for the new ones I have - onwards and upwards or in my case downwards as I will take the car off the concrete blocks.

https://youtu.be/5Ca2B5Bo_m4
Excellent work !!
She lives!!! Well done.

I bet that was somewhat of a milestone right there. Smile

I’ve embedded your video here for you:

(28 May 2018, 10:04)TristanC Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent work !!
She lives!!! Well done.

I’ve embedded your video here for you:

(28 May 2018, 10:06)SpudMurphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 May 2018, 10:04)TristanC Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent work !!
She lives!!! Well done.

Thanks for the video embedding - there seems to be so many different ways of doing it lol. Yup that is a milestone - now to get her down off the blocks - fill up with transmission oil and see if it drives - oh I'd better get the back brake out of the box of bits first !!!! lol
Ahh yes, getting her off the blocks.... that was just last weekend for mine!
Awesome too Smile

Best of luck, she’s coming along brilliantly