The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Top shock rubber?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I’m getting the car nearer to MOT time, I’m finding bits and pieces that needed to be done as I go.

The newest discovery are the rubber bushes on the top shock mount.
Looking at DGo, they say 2 per shock? So I need 8?
I thought just one per shock on the top? 
I want to order some ready for when I’m back on the car next weekend.

While I’m here, anyone have the torque values for the nut on the top of the shocks?

P.S.....This is what I’m looking at getting
https://www.deloreango.com/uk/spax-rear-top-bush.html

Any other suggestions welcome
There is normally one bush either side of the frame mount on the shock, so yes 8 would be correct assuming the ones below have also gone? Unless your just replacing the top ones you can see? Very difficult to torque them up anyway, Just ensure there is plenty of thread showing through after the two nuts.
Chris
Thanks Chris,

I’ll order the set of 8 anyway. If the tops are gone I imagine the bottoms aren’t much better.
When you say two nuts.... I only see one?
(I may be missing a nut?)

Here’s mine:
[Image: BFA0CCFA-1EE9-4A11-924C-0F916C970942.jpeg]
I think (IIRC) the OE ones have two nuts, I guess your are not OE having Nylocks fitted? Personally I would leave them alone!
Chris
I believe it was lowered and therefore not OE.
(It’s how I received the car)

You think I should not replace the rubbers? 
They are all cracked.....

Will the cracked rubber not be an issue for the MOT?

Tris
Quote:Will the cracked rubber not be an issue for the MOT
I wouldn't have thought so, but as ever it depends on your tester!
Why do you think I should leave it?
Is it because of the different shock to OE?
Quote:Why do you think I should leave it?
Because I don't think you will gain much by doing so, if it ain't broke and all that. However if you want to do it then go ahead, it's not a major cost or task at the end of the day. Big Grin
Chris
Cheers Chris Smile

I may leave it for now and get on with other tasks.
I’ve got the rubbbers ordered, see where I get to.

Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it.

Cheers
Tris
What shocks are fitted out of curiosity?  It really wont take long to change the top bush anyway.
Chris
(14 May 2018, 20:54)Chris Williams Wrote: [ -> ]What shocks are fitted out of curiosity?  It really wont take long to change the top bush anyway.
Chris

I honestly have no idea Chris there’s no branding on them at all and I’m surprised how clean the thread is on the top too. So they may be a fairly new addition.