The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Hello all.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning all,

My name is Alistair and I am a DeLorean enthusiast, sadly not an owner. 

I am a Derbyshire lad but crossed over to the dark side when I married. So I now live in Nottingham with my wife and 2 children, 11 and 3 years of age. I'm soon to be moving to a bigger house with a double garage. I may not have the money for a DeLorean but at least I have the garage!

It's the Back to the Future films that bought my interest in the car. I love them as they were part of my younger years, but it's the car itself that always made me sit up with interest. 

I started working for IKEA - Nottingham around 1995. I was part of the home delivery team and it was on my travels that I saw my first DeLorean with my own eyes. It was Richards, parked on the roadside in Heanor. I've past by Richards house so many times since and I've always looked for that car and I'm still blown away. 

A few years ago, whilst working in Derby, I refuelled at Markeaton Island when a DeLorean pulled in. The whole forecourt came to a stop to admire the car. I recall the gentleman going into pay for the fuel wearing a 88mph t-shirt. In my ignorance I thought this was the car from Heanor. Only recently (after watching 'For the love of Cars) did I realise it was Chris and there was another DeLorean so near.

And after joining the club I learn of another car in Brinsley! Amazed by the local love of this amazing, mind blowing car. 

I am really looking forward to hearing your stories and learning all I can (if you would be so kind), and maybe one day owning my own car. It is a dream.....

Alistair.
Welcome aboard! Tons of owners up your way; not nearly as many on the coast where I am. But a DeLorean is an event regardless.

So are you saving for one?
(24 Jul 2017, 12:25)Dan Willis Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome aboard! Tons of owners up your way; not nearly as many on the coast where I am. But a DeLorean is an event regardless.

Planning on it Dan.

There is no way I could afford a refurbished car in excellent condition.
Looking for something that maybe requires time and work, but I'm not a mechanic so it will probably take longer.

Noticed a few on the Beverly Hills Car Club.
Still out of my price range but gives me an idea of bang for my buck.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1983...c-7377.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome Alistair...(glad you are enjoying the book). With regard for 'fixer-upper' Deloreans, young Andrew W is on a buying trip in the USA, so hopefully a few more 'affordable' one's will be in the UK in a few months.

These photo's have NOTHING to do with Deloreans, but these cars are very affordable!..even ex TV cars!
(24 Jul 2017, 13:14)Alistair2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24 Jul 2017, 12:25)Dan Willis Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome aboard! Tons of owners up your way; not nearly as many on the coast where I am. But a DeLorean is an event regardless.

Planning on it Dan.

There is no way I could afford a refurbished car in excellent condition.
Looking for something that maybe requires time and work, but I'm not a mechanic so it will probably take longer.

Noticed a few on the Beverly Hills Car Club.
Still out of my price range but gives me an idea of bang for my buck.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1983...c-7377.htm

My car is a BHCC car; values, even there, have shot up US side, and with the £ being worth nada, it's making importing and expensive game right now; but there are always deals to be had. Good luck! 

I'm no mechanic either, but I'm restoring my car from the frame up; it'll take me years, but it's so far been fun and an eye opener. Lots to do though!
Hi Alistair, there's actually 2 cars in Brinsley, me and hubby have one each Wink

If you want to pop over one day and have a look I'm sure we can arrange something, maybe get Rich to pop over too with his - ours aren't on the road this year, so Rich might be able to give you a quick trip in his so you can experience one Smile
(29 Jul 2017, 11:25)Guinney1971 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alistair, there's actually 2 cars in Brinsley, me and hubby have one each Wink

If you want to pop over one day and have a look I'm sure we can arrange something, maybe get Rich to pop over too with his - ours aren't on the road this year, so Rich might be able to give you a quick trip in his so you can experience one Smile

Thats very kind of you. Thank you!

[Image: 5cf9987edc37d5d16b2c988fed7e6781.jpg]

A little light reading.

The reading may be light ...but there's one book I wouldn't recommend dropping on your toes!  Smile
Good selection of books there, should keep you busy for a while!
Chris