The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Ignition switch-cheap replacement!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a while now Ol' Stainless has been paying homage to BTTF by occasionally refusing to start-just a click when the key was turned ( just like Marty in the film when he bangs his head on the steering wheel to make it start) and I decided to sort it as it was getting more and more frequent.
I remember an article somewhere that said that the Rover SD1(1976-1986) shared the same part so I got a genuine part off eBay for a tenner and free P&P.
Sorted it today,dead easy job only had to swap the connector plug over,5 minute job unplugging the tangs and the new part fitted better than the original!
There were only 2 left on the eBay so I bought both being very selfish and thinking of the future?
Roverpart number DRC 1382
The original switch had bits rattling inside it,haven't done the Post Mortem on it yet?
Pictures Brian! Pictures! Guys like pictures. It helps us understand simple things easier. Wink
(09 May 2016, 08:30)Rissy Wrote: [ -> ]Pictures Brian!  Pictures!  Guys like pictures.  It helps us understand simple things easier. Wink

I always take loads of pics of any interesting jobs I don the car Rissy,just can't upload them successfully on this site-the old one was much better! (Sorry Rich!)
DMC Holland are asking £138+ for one-how can they justify that?
(09 May 2016, 12:56)bjbrownie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09 May 2016, 08:30)Rissy Wrote: [ -> ]Pictures Brian!  Pictures!  Guys like pictures.  It helps us understand simple things easier. Wink

I always take loads of pics of any interesting jobs I don the car Rissy,just can't upload them successfully on this site-the old one was much better! (Sorry Rich!)

Inserting pictures is easy!  No problem!

See...as easy as 1,2,3

[attachment=104]

[attachment=105]

[attachment=106]
That's a fantastically cheap fix. Well done and thanks for the cross ref Brian