The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Carfest 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok Delorean Guy’s & Gal’s it’s that time of year when I need to start to collect the Carfest payments. 

The “Good News” is that there is NO INCREASE in price this year!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The line up of acts this year is fantastic!
So far…. 

South (More yet to be announced)
FRI ABC, Texas, Will Young
SAT Anoushka Shankar, James Morrison
SUN The Feeling, Jamie Lawson. Squeeze

More info here on the official website for South

http://www.carfest.org/Content/CarFest-S...nding-Page

So the costs are exactly the same as in 2015.

All weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) for a Delorean & 2 persons with exhibitors passes is £156.00

Camping is £25 per night.

You can arrive anytime from noon on Thursday & leave by noon Monday.
Can everyone who has asked for a space and those who may be thinking about it, please get in touch with me and ideally arrange payment as I have to pay up front for everyone! Wink

Kind regards
Darren
PS. I have asked them to spell Delorean correctly on the website… Rolleyes
After the last batch of public tickets sold out in minutes this week, I can announce that there are still a couple of places left for Carfest North & South.

The line up this year of musicians is absolutely phenomenal and there’s more car stuff than ever! Smile

With Chris Evans now fronting the new Top Gear there will certainly be Top Gear presence at the show too. Wink

If you’d like to attend with your De please let me know asap.

I cant emphasise how much bigger and better it will be this year.

And all for BBC Children in Need!   Big Grin

Bands playing North

http://www.carfest.org/music-carfest-north

Bands playing South

http://www.carfest.org/music-carfest-south-new
Just a sort update to say that there is still a place available for one Delorean on our Stand at Carfest North & South.
The Bands lined up this year are absolutely amazing [Image: icon_eek.gif] , it’s certainly the best line up so far in the History of Carfest and a complete bonus to what is always a fantastic car show. [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif] [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif] [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif] 

Bands playing this year at North 

http://www.carfest.org/welcome/welcome- ... north-9jpc

Bands playing this year at South

http://www.carfest.org/music-carfest-south-new

Please let me know asap if you would like to attend. If you’re just thinking about, go on take the plunge, you’ll have a great time! [Image: dance.gif] 

Plus the proceeds go to BBC Children in Need. [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif]
It's such a good event but falls at the wrong time of the year for me unfortunately, due to the limited amount of holiday I can take during the summer period it's really difficult to fit one of these in.
But I'm sure everyone who attends will have a great time.
Chris
have a great event Darren and all that attend.
Thanks Claire. Smile 

Just for Lisa…..I got Gary (my friends) pictures of our Superstar crowd buddy.
Check out the couple embracing behind us (with stripy top)  Wink

[Image: Garys%20pictures%20086_zpsyon43aft.jpg]

It’s none other than International Movie Star Jeff Bridges at Carfest North!   Shock

[Image: Garys%20pictures%20088_zpswccfn5yn.jpg]

Place left for a Delorean & two persons at Carfest South, who knows who we’ll rub shoulders with!  Big Grin
It was great to meet new owners Mark and Anna, I’m so pleased you came along. You’re both wonderful people, and it was a pleasure to meet you. As was Matt and Sian on Saturday whom I'd not met before either..  :kiss:

What can I say…..but Bl**dy Brilliant yet again!  :thumbsup:

Well done to everyone for coming along, making it a fantastic display, great company and having such a great time; while raising money for BBC Children in Need.  :clap:

I can’t express how great this show is, we have a really enjoyable time each year, but it wouldn’t be the same unless you guy’s came along to make up the Delorean Stand.  :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone this year, Richard and Sarah (who came to both) Ju & Lisa, Malc & Gaye, Tony & Angie, Matt & Sian, Mark & Anna, and of course Gary our snoring Delorean groupie. (we’ll have a whip round next year for earplugs)  :lol:
(And not forgetting Kev our interloping 914 owner too)

I really don’t know where the time went each day, it was a real blast.  :dance:

So here’s a few pictures (not as good as Mark’s I must say)  Wink

Saturday’s line up

[Image: carfest%20south%2016%20003_zpsks0bnagj.jpg]

Sunday’s line up

[Image: carfest%20south%2016%20010_zpsaqk63ho6.jpg]

Delorean Red Arrows salute with Matt’s appropriately red Delorean   :dmcdoors:

[Image: carfest%20south%2016%20009_zpsbzptfyz1.jpg]

More Music!

[Image: carfest%20south%2016%20012_zpswk1p4puf.jpg]

And ……..Fireworks

[Image: carfest%20south%2016%20017_zpsqubfo4yb.jpg]

I saw this, this morning……….just 2 car enthusiasts packing up their tents in the campsite..  Shock

[Image: carfest%20south%2016%20032_zpsmr4vmwdq.jpg]

Thanks again to everyone and please keep those pictures coming……looking forwards to seeing them all.  Big Grin

Kindest Regards
Darren
When you have a time machine it's always Pimms o'clock.  Wink 

[Image: IMG_9565_zps30acbayb.jpg]
great pictures Darren, looks like you all had a fab time!