The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Coventry Motor Museum Meet (poss) 24th October 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Barrie Wills has approached myself and Al to see what interest there would be in holding a display of Delorean cars in front of the Coventry motor museum. Some will be aware we have attended as a club on a few occasions the last being in 2009: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2857 I have pasted the original email below and as you can see the original suggestion was for BTTF day.
I have suggested to Barrie that this week is 'possibly' not the best week to try and organise a DeLorean gathering due to the amount of BTTF events that are going on and the fact a lot of people will have prior hire jobs that week (inc myself) plus being the end of October some people will be stopping using cars for the winter.
Anyway if any one can do this event then please let myself or Alistair know either on this forum or the other (depending on where your reading it) and we can let Barrie know if there is any interest.

Chris

Chris/Alistair

I have been asked by the chief executive and curator of the newly refurbished and expanded Coventry Transport Museum to approach you both to explore whether either, or both, of your clubs might wish to work with the museum to create a celebration of the DeLorean car to coincide with the BTTF day on Wednesday 21 or on the following Saturday.

As you may be aware, the frontage of the museum has space for up to 80 cars. The museum also wishes to put the car (perhaps smartened up!) in its possession, back on display with revised and enhanced display panels to recognise its Coventry association, along with the BTTF link and anniversary.

I'm conscious your club, Chris, is holding a gathering in Norfolk this weekend. This might allow you to seek an early consensus and response. The Museum wishes to attract a lot of publicity. If it goes ahead, I might use the event as a means to publicly launch my book, John Z, the DeLorean & Me.

Let me know your response as soon as you can, please.

Best regards

Barrie
had to edit for typo
I would have loved to have come along the road from Rugby for this (all be it without LEX), but unfortunately I'll be in Greece on holiday. I'm actually flying back into Stanstead at midnight that night, so I can't make it on either of those dates.
not sure if we'll have our cars on the road still then or if they'll be SORN'd for the
winter.

Stick us down as maybe's for now........