The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Power Window Regulators.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ey up.

While I'm currently awaiting parts to get my engine sorted, I've briefly turned my attention to other areas of the car that need to be looked at.

Power Window Regulators:

The driver's side motor runs (back and forth - so I know there's current on both circuits), but it's not moving the arm. I think the arm (slidey thing) is bust.

The passenger's side motor doesn't run at all. I've tested the wires from the switch to the two motor connectors and I'm getting continuity. I tested each of the two connectors against ground, but found no continuity, so I think the motor's bust.

There have been several improvements made to the Delorean window regulators over the years and many of the main vendors stock 'improved' versions of them.

My question to you guys is:

Are all of these new and improved window regulators on sale today the same thing? And which vendor should I go with?

Hervey's is the least expensive (that i can find) if you exclude delivery and potential import duty.

thanks for your help once again Smile Smile

Barzo.

bozzzydmc

all of the new 'improved' ones are from the same source, they do need minor modification of the mounting holes to make them fit (instructions supplied) but no worries there so really its a choice of where you want to get them from.

Obviously Ed U will get you a set and there will be no import duty to pay from him, shipping will be cheaper also.

Sure Special Ts in paper look cheaper on paper but as you are doing work out how much tax and shipping will be on top.

You could also ry PJ Grady UK for a cost
Yes, I thought it might be the case that they were all the same unit. It would be amazing if vendors produced their own 'improved' versions.

Does anyone know who actually builds em? A company working on behalf of DMCH?

cheers
Dave.
They are from an American electrical company... http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/mer ... ode=DL01-K

They are cheaper to buy direct (£162) Ed Uding charges £240.

Even with shipping and tax the American retailer will work out cheaper.

I hope I have not given away a big secret..... Big Grin Big Grin

These people also supply all the parts for the door poppers that DPNW sell. You are on your own with the wiring though!!
hi

believe me these are a pig to fit.

i thought they would be a direct swop. they are very different, and you don't use the original bracket, two fixings instead of three.

i have mine partially in, but not complete as we have a new baby James, arrived four weeks ahead of schedule, so lifes hectic.

i still cannot see how the motor goes behind the regulator (i have the regulator in, just not the motor.

why does not a car manufacturer make a unscrewable internal panel for a door... is this too much to ask?.
The actual manufacturer of the windows regulators is a company called Electric-Life, part number DL01-K Big Grin

If you remember, sometime ago I was on a mission to get a whole batch of these cheaper for the club.

The final price on these if I ordered more than ten sets would be about $285.00 a set.

That's around £143 which is of course minus shipping, import duty and no doubt VAT.

I can still do it, but I haven't got 1500 quid kicking around spare! If ten members want to comit to buying a set, then we can all save on shipping, the price of the motors, and maybe a little duty too :wink:
Hi Rich,

stick me down for a set........when I've got the cash....... :roll:

speak soon mate,

NickT

RichH Wrote:The actual manufacturer of the windows regulators is a company called Electric-Life, part number DL01-K Big Grin

If you remember, sometime ago I was on a mission to get a whole batch of these cheaper for the club.

The final price on these if I ordered more than ten sets would be about $285.00 a set.

That's around £143 which is of course minus shipping, import duty and no doubt VAT.

I can still do it, but I haven't got 1500 quid kicking around spare! If ten members want to comit to buying a set, then we can all save on shipping, the price of the motors, and maybe a little duty too :wink:

This would be worth sticking in the parts cross match area of the forum Smile

NIckT.
I'd pay for a set at that price.
OK. yes. Lets get this going. Me included - that's three (or two).

anyone else?

Dave.
Let me get this straight. Its the moter and the sliddy up and down thing as well is it. If so I'll have a set. who do i send a cheque to and how much for.
yeah, it's the whole assembly.

We're up to 4 now(or three). any more takers? :lol:

YEAH! [Image: 050.gif] YEAH!
i'm too late for this....but we should have had a 'communal' fitting session as believe me these are a bu**er to fit.

bad if your window does not move as you need it open to take off the inner panel.

also you may need to consider replacing that felt strip
steve.s Wrote:bad if your window does not move as you need it open to take off the inner panel.
Not really, but it does make it easier.

Here's a link to the manufacturers web site:

http://www.electric-life.com

Go to 'Power Window Kits' > 'Direct Bolt-in Kits' > 'DELOREAN'
There not really to hard to fit. The trick is not to use the same mount holes as the original motor, there is another one more suited to the angle.
Pages: 1 2