The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: brakes pulling to the right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorbet has had an issue with pulling sharply to right under braking.
Thought calipers at fault, so got some nice new ones from Bigg Red and Phill has just fitted them along with new pads.
Its made zero difference and car still pulls to the right.
Any ideas?
We all know the braking system's don't like standing unused….especially outside or in the damp.

Personally i'd try a few early morning runs and give some cautious heavy use…when nothing else around…if it doesn't get better quickly, a quick nip to a friendly MOT er who would let me put it on his brake tester and see whats really happening. I did this recently with my RHD and found the yet another of the remote servo's had packed up, (but the system is completely different on most RHD's)

Could it be a faulty master cylinder?
Duff flexi-line?
If the callipers are new and when replaced, they bled fine, there is no way for the hydraulics to cause this.

It is almost always caused by the anti-roll bar bushes and it most readily fixed (and improved over original) with this kit

http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... =K1006DP-C
yep, general consensus we've had from a few people is the ARB Bushes or 'sway bar'
bushes as the Americans call them.

Will be sorting this asap, many thanks to everyone for their help and advice.