The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Battery Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Does anyone have the Part number for a replacement battery to fit in the battery compartment? Not sure what's the biggest size I will get away with. Unless I break out the tape measure.

Thanks,
Rich
Assuming it has been changed from the side mounted bolt on terminals to a 'normal' round terminal clamp then about the biggest you can get in is an 096 battery.

Chris
I just ordered a new battery myself on Tuesday. Yesterday, it was delivered. This is the second battery of this type I've bought from here. This is the battery you need for original fittings...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/75-60-Numax-Sid ... P3141.html

Interestingly enough, it cost me £10 less than what I paid in 2009!?
Chris beat me to it. Lead prices have come down in the past few years.

Key to a long battery life is to never let it stay flat for long. Invest in a trickle charger. The TVR crowd are big fans of the CTEK battery conditioners. I have one of these

www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-MXS-5-0-Temperatu ... 1431775329
I have one of these CTEK trickle chargers on LEX all the time. The battery has been lasting great (as great as any DeLorean fitted battery can be expected to last with always being on trickle charge), but my dad must have pulled on one of the leads or switched the trickle charger off at some point and not put it back to charge the battery. The result was that when I was up at Easter, the battery was completely flat as a pancake and I reckon it'd been like that for possibly 5-6wks. It charged ok, but the CTEK is highlighting that it now seems to not last very long before the trickle charger is having to top it up, so for me, that was a sign that the battery was probably going to start letting me down (something I didn't want during this summer, so I just bit the bullet and bought a new one...
Thanks guys. Very helpful as always!