The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Ormskirk Motorfest 24th August 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another brilliant day at this yearly event ( now approved and funded for another 3 years!), superb turnout of cars and bikes from virtually every motoring era, performance,historic,classic and unusual were here-the DeLorean was in a Main Street amongst 40s,50s and 60s cars-I thought it was a bit out of place but it showed the public how much car design and technology had moved on, and by midday you couldn't see the cars for people! There must have been thousands there-the DeLorean had more than its fair share of admirers (and fingerprints!) but that's what it's about,getting up close and personal with classic cars and talking to their owners-hopefully I flew the DMC flag and dispelled a few myths-even did an interview for local radio!
The weather was good, sunshine and scattered cloud until late afternoon kept the pubs and bars busy with people outside watching the regular afternoon parade of classics around the town circuit,cheering as the cars and bikes passed,even the local buses got a round of applause from one busy pub!
This is the kind of event needed for classics of all kinds, a few local authorities should take note from Ormskirks Motorfests success-I know it did wonders for the local business's and shops on what would have been a boring Sunday before the Bank Holiday-it certainly made my day! 8)