The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Registration numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some cheap NI reg numbers being sold off at auction:-

http://wilsons.cmail2.com/t/ViewEmail/d ... E86323F7F9

No SXI ones on offer then? Sad
Was just trying to find the car on here that I looked at a year or so ago and it has the numberplate JAZ 81 which I'd really love to get hold of - but can't find it so dunno what happened to it Sad
I'm also looking around at D's again but my house is eating through most of the money I had saved so currently I can't even grab one if I see the perfect 20kish example :/
Can't see anything that is Delorean or BTTF related.
How often do they do this?
only just noticed the age of this auction, shame, would have fancied
'KEZ93' for our 1993 Toyota Sera, which is for our daughter Kezia
Well I found the post I was looking for, and turns out it was IJZ 81 ... which is still pretty cool if you're me. Oh well. Doubt I'll ever see JAZ 81 for sale!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4511
Claire, you could check with them that it actually sold?

IJZ 81 would be this one then, that I bought for vin 510. It wasn't expensive…about £500 I think.

I really regret having to sell Vin 510…….house moving can be very expensive….. All OK when the big house sold, but very tight prior to that.
Is that your own/private garage Chris? Big Grin
I'm in love! :lol:
Quote:I'm in love! :lol:
:wink: not sure chris is that way inclined :wink:

Chris
Hi 88, yes it was my own garage, but I had to 'Downsize' the garage as well. New one not too shabby but currently full of my sons mates catering equipment (shortly to be gone…after a year…thank goodness.) I did manage to shoehorn my lift into the new place.

i'm sure you meant you love my garage..88, as do I ….. not 'man love'…….friendship yes …..:oops:
Leozack Wrote:Well I found the post I was looking for, and turns out it was IJZ 81 ... which is still pretty cool if you're me. Oh well. Doubt I'll ever see JAZ 81 for sale!

Entirely possible. Accoring to the RAC, it is on a 2009 Mercedes, presuambly over in Belfast area. 2009 was the issue year for JAZ, so it's probably that the Merc owner just got assigned that number randomly, so may sell it at some point.
On the subject of nice numbers on DeLoreans…..I have come to the opinion that they are a bit wasted on them. They are so unique that it really doesn't add much to them at all. They don't need one. When I put CHR115 P on mine…I hated it. Again Just my opinion. I do like the AXI and SIJ numbers that reflect the one issued to the factory. There are half a dozen more, less well known ones , RIA , XOI, MXI and YOI.
Dangermouse Wrote:Entirely possible. Accoring to the RAC, it is on a 2009 Mercedes, presuambly over in Belfast area. 2009 was the issue year for JAZ, so it's probably that the Merc owner just got assigned that number randomly, so may sell it at some point.

Yeah it's a shame there's no way to get in touch so I could offer to buy it. To be honest it's been a right pain ever trying to find a (normally priced) plate when your 2 name searches you'd want are Jazz and Leozack Sad Seriously unfriendly plate letters there - eg JA22 not out until December 2021 haha.

An envious garage indeed, Chris. Not sure what happened to vin 510 or IJZ81. The 81 is only relevant to me because I'm 33! Of course if I got a D that was 'born' around the same summer of 81 as me that'd be extra good Wink
I want KEZ1409, apparantly its on a 2006 Mitsubishi.

Any idea how I go about tracing the owner and contacting them to make them an offer?
No idea. I don't think the DVLA(NI) give out that sort of info.

Set up a google search for 2006 Mitsi (model) on gumtree.ie or similar sites and it may turn up eventually

Or if it is on an EVO, perhaps their user forum may know of it?
Pages: 1 2