The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Eurofest 2016 26th-29th May
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
we'll be on holiday in Brittany with the kids as its half term week - have a great time everyone!
For those going to Eurofest Stena Line have 20% of crossings till end of February.

Kind Regards

Tony Openshaw
With just under four months to go to Eurofest here is the second of a series of updates to keep you informed about the event. 

Registrations for Eurofest 2016 continue to come in from around the world;  USA, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Spain, and Latvia so far!  
The large convoy of cars continues to grow and we wish the DeLorean World Tour team every success as they continue their epic journey through Canada, the USA and Mexico en route to Belfast for a grand stand finish at Eurofest.  www.deloreanworldtour.com

Preparations for clearing the test track are underway with a preliminary inspection and DeLorean drivers will be assured of a pristine road by May.
One of the more interesting cars we hope to have on display is the Electric DeLorean which was coverted here by Queen’s University Belfast.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzXDwZEgkZ8

It was with regret that we learned of the passing of Dixon Hollinshead last month.  Dixon and his wife Barbara were our special guests at Eurofest 2011.  Thank you Jordan Livingston of JLP Movies who put together a nice tribute. https://vimeo.com/jlpmovies/dixontribute

There are still many DeLorean owners and enthusiasts yet to register so this certainly will be a big event.  Please tell your friends that if they intend to come to Eurofest that they should register soon as capacity is strictly limited.
Our base at the Europa Hotel still has discounted rooms available but please contact the hotel directly to make your booking as rooms are filling up fast.
Look out for another update next month!

The Eurofest Team.
Quick additional questions please...

What day does the secure parking start from? I'm considering going across and arriving on the Wednesday to avoid the Thursday rush.

I'm assuming the parking at the Europa is at the adjacent NCP as previously ? Do we have an approximate cost for this, and if we are to get a special rate like last time does that start on Wednesday too?

Thanks

JohnC
Hi JohnC,

Yes we will have secure parking in the same car park as before.

Phoned the car park manager today to check out Wednesday arrival for you but he wasn't in.

Will let you know costs etc after I've spoken to him.

I'm expecting about 100 DeLorean cars so secure parking is important!

Robert
Quote:Phoned the car park manager today to check out Wednesday arrival for you but he wasn't in.
That would be great as I will be a Wednesday car also!
Chris
Spoke to the car park manager and he can look after any DeLorean cars arriving a day earlier (on Wednesday).
They will provide a separate level for all the cars as before with security cameras and staff on hand.
The car park will close at 1am and re-open at 6am as before.
The discounted cost is £5 per car for each 24 hours.

Robert
(22 Feb 2016, 20:50)ROBLAMROCK Wrote: [ -> ]Spoke to the car park manager and he can look after any DeLorean cars arriving a day earlier (on Wednesday).
They will provide a separate level for all the cars as before with security cameras and staff on hand.
The car park will close at 1am and re-open at 6am as before.
The discounted cost is £5 per car for each 24 hours.

Robert

Robert.

Thanks for confirming/organising that... Wednesday arrival it is then :-)

JohnC
Interview with Wolfgang Hank one of the DeLorean World Tour drivers on BBC Radio Ulster last week;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b071x1k8

Starts at 02:20:00 to 02:24:15
Sent to me earlier this week:

In just under eight weeks time over 200 DeLorean owners and enthusiasts from 19 countries around the world (from Austria to Australia and Scotland to Switzerland), they will all converge in Belfast to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the production of our iconic stainless steel gull-winged marque.   The longest convoy of DeLorean cars ever seen here will make Eurofest 2016 an event not to be missed.   Apart from the grandstand finish of the 3 cars driving around the world there are cars coming from all across Europe with Slovakia and Hungary being the latest countries to be represented.  Final arrangements are being put in place and previously unseen documents from John DeLorean’s office in New York will be on display.  You can see some photos on our Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/eurofestdelorean
Rare archive film will also get a screening – stuff that has never ever been on YouTube.
Belfast was recently voted the best city in the UK to visit and during the Eurofest weekend (26th to 29th May) apart from the scheduled events there will be lots to see and do.  There’s a Continental Market in the grounds of the City Hall and Belfast Maritime Festival is also taking place.  American singer Josh Groban is in town and for anyone staying until Monday night English rock band Busted are in concert. 
There’s just so much happening we’ve kept a few surprises in store.
Another update soon...

The Eurofest Team
So I have decided to bight the bullet and come along (It was of course the possible chance of bumping into Busted that persuaded me ;-)
I have the Europa booked but they are now completly full for the Wed night so I am just in Thu-Sun.

Just need to sort Ferry return from Liverpool, which ones are most people on? I'm thinking the 10.30 am on Thu morning and driving straight there from Cambridge but that does mean missing most of the first day. Similarly are people taking the early or late one back on the Sunday? Suppose the late one would be ok if you can get some shut eye on the way back.

Getting excited now!
Brave man!! Smile
I'm going over Wed morning but a lot are travelling Wed (day and night) probably Wed night is the most popular option and for returning Sunday night is the most popular (remember your returning on a B/H Monday if this is important to you) Depends on what you want to do/see and how long you wish to be in Belfast Personally I prefer to be over for the most amount of time and travel on the ferry during the day as I'm not a good sailor! However am returning Sunday night with a cabin. Will have spare bunks!
Chris
Weirdly the ferry is £160 if I leave on the Thu 10.30 Liverpool and Sun 10.30 Dublin but then jumps up to £213 if I want to travel Wed night and then back on the Sunday night.
I would have though the late night crossings would be cheaper!
I may split the difference and go Thu Morning and come back Sun late. If I do can I bagsy a bunk Chris ;-)
The Scottish contingent are sailing on Thursday morning at 11:30, due to land at Belfast at 13:45. This is obviously from Scotland, not England.

I believe registration is up until about 12-12:30 pm, so we'll be late for that, but i think it's pretty easy going anyway, as a lot of people wont get there until later in the evening anyway. The weekend excursions i believe don't start until Friday anyway.

Sarah and I are staying on, and taking a venture down south of the border to Dublin etc after the weekend events end on Sunday afternoon, although I think we're planning on staying in Belfast for another night on the Sunday night anyway, before venturing down to Dublin. We're not returning back to Scotland until the following Thursday.

The point is, i'll start seeing people floating around the Europa from mid afternoon on the Thursday. If anyone fancies advising the organizers on the day at the registration table about our later arrival, that would be appreciated. :-)
Due to the large numbers the registration will be open all day on Thursday!

The Eurofest Team
Pages: 1 2 3 4