The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: single clunk when first setting off.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've put this in the suspension section, but to be honest i've no idea what the issue is.

for a while now, when the car has been sat for a little while(ie ive not noticed this after sitting at traffic lights)
when i pull away for the first time then turn to the left there is a loud clunk that seems to come from the passengers side rear corner of the car.

CV joint boots look fine(though i guess they could still be out of grease), wheel bearings seemed ok.

it only happens once, only after the car has been sat for more than a few minutes and only the first time i turn left. then i never hear it again.
(to get out of my parking space, i have to first turn right, then left, there's no noise turning right)

when it was up at Eds a few weeks ago, he did mention one of the engine mounts wasn't in great shape, can't recall which one. could it be that?

any thoughts?
I think you have covered it really, perhaps may also be worth checking the brake pads and/or retaining pins, more so the handbrake ones as there seems to be a lot of cases of the pads coming away from the backing plates.
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:I think you have covered it really, perhaps may also be worth checking the brake pads and/or retaining pins, more so the handbrake ones as there seems to be a lot of cases of the pads coming away from the backing plates.
Chris

cheers. i'll check out the brakes as that should be fairly obvious if they're at fault.