The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Four Rooms, time machine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looks like there is a time machine on that Four Rooms program...

I'm guessing its the same guy who keeps putting his on ebay for a million squillion pounds for 'advertising his business'?
Could well be :wink: Best to let the owner of the car at the time explain the involvement.
Chris
I tell you something, if driving with mates to car shows and collecting for Parkinsons is a business plan...damn I got it so very wrong. Big Grin

Those who know me personally just know that stuff was done to wind up a certain southern softy. I could have made a small fortune from that car as most owners do, but truth be known, I just couldn't be bothered, nor did I want lots of idiots in the car. It was my baby and it emptied my wallet, just as a classic car should do. I don't regret a day of ownership and I'm very proud of the accurate additions me and some great D owners added.

Sarcy posts like this hardly help make the club enjoyable now do they? I'd have thought posts like "awesome, one of our club members doing us proud on tele" or "I look to seeing a time machine on UK tele!" would be the kind I'd expect and like to see. These are the kinds of posts that also put Brian off coming here to share his experiences. Shame..
Quote:Those who know me personally just know that stuff was done to wind up a certain southern softy
Indeed we do know that, lol, However do you fancy explaining your involvement in the show for those who don't know about it (clearly I do as we have spoken at length about it) I guess it must be getting a good audience as it seems to have been 'promoted' to evening TV as opposed to afternoon TV.
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Those who know me personally just know that stuff was done to wind up a certain southern softy
Indeed we do know that, lol, However do you fancy explaining your involvement in the show for those who don't know about it (clearly I do as we have spoken at length about it) I guess it must be getting a good audience as it seems to have been 'promoted' to evening TV as opposed to afternoon TV.
Chris

Sure thing! Smile

It generally went really well. I mentioned the clubs, Bruce, and a bit of general Delorean info like numbers (I hope I got them right! :wink: )

As with most TV, I'm almost certain they will have removed most of the above regarding the club and/or Bruce, but we'll see. They won't even show me any footage before it airs. I had a great laugh with one of the guys (can't share names at this point), but fully expected offers that were way off. I have a few mates in TV so was just happy to provide some good entertainment when they suggested going on the show.

The only regrets I have were not spraying my bumpers and flux boxes, along with adding the external wiring details before recording. I also wish the great banter I had with them outside of the rooms was part of the show, as I remember it being much better than the scripted stuff in the rooms. I bet 99% of people who go on have the same thoughts. Nobody likes to see or hear themselves on tele, but I enjoyed the day and it's going to be great exposure for Deloreans and BTTF! 8)
Quote:Nobody likes to see or hear themselves on tele, but I enjoyed the day and it's going to be great exposure for Deloreans and BTTF! 8)
indeed, I will second that one. All exposure is good exposure as far as I'm concerned. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks with two programmes on CH4 and one on CH5 especially having your BTTF car on two of them really keeps the interest in the DeLorean car 'up there'
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Nobody likes to see or hear themselves on tele, but I enjoyed the day and it's going to be great exposure for Deloreans and BTTF! 8)
indeed, I will second that one. All exposure is good exposure as far as I'm concerned. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks with two programmes on CH4 and one on CH5 especially having your BTTF car on two of them really keeps the interest in the DeLorean car 'up there'
Chris

Big Grin

Do you have dates for all the programmes? I have been a bit rubbish lately keeping up with any tele to be honest, my new motor taking up a lot of my time :wink:
Quote:my new motor taking up a lot of my time :wink:
Ohh, anything exiting?
Classic Car Rescue Ch5: 19th May 2014 7pm
For The Love Of Cars Ch4: 25th May 2014 8pm
You need to fill in for the Four Rooms One! Have they given you a date yet?
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:my new motor taking up a lot of my time :wink:
Ohh, anything exiting?
Classic Car Rescue Ch5: 19th May 2014 7pm
For The Love Of Cars Ch4: 25th May 2014 8pm
You need to fill in for the Four Rooms One! Have they given you a date yet?
Chris

I'm not sure it will be particularly popular here as It's a completely different direction of car for me, but It's an Evo 8. It drives super smooth and like it's on rails! Shock I've always loved my high powered RWD cars before but decided to try something different. I'm currently in the process of the usual stage 1 mods (HKS exhaust, AVCR, 255 fuel pump etc.) I'll be fitting it all throughout this week and hopefully having it mapped next week for ~360hp. When I took the standard cats off, it was nice to have a car that I didn't have drill and smash bolts off!

For the date, it's the 25th 7pm so one after another that night! Delorean Sunday! Big Grin

I was curious how Rob knew though as they haven't updated the site yet with the pieces on the show?
did i say you were a cunt? nope, just that there car has been advertised everywhere for craaazy money
You didn't, and It's probably that I don't know you, but come on it does come across as a bit like that on a forum. If it wasn't intended like that, I'm cool. :wink:

Where did you see the ad for it Rob?
Don't know about Rob, but I saw a trailer on CH4 last night during For The Love Of Cars.
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:Don't know about Rob, but I saw a trailer on CH4 last night during For The Love Of Cars.
Chris

Sweet! Did it show a quick pic of the car? Interested to see it now but can't find it online.
Quote:Did it show a quick pic of the car?
Yep, Perhaps if you watch the programme on Ch4 catch up the adverts will still be the same? or I think CH4 do another channel running 24hrs behind?
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Did it show a quick pic of the car?
Yep, Perhaps if you watch the programme on Ch4 catch up the adverts will still be the same? or I think CH4 do another channel running 24hrs behind?
Chris

Cool. I actually flicked through that last night but of course I fast forwarded the ads and didn't have a keen eye at 30x speed Big Grin

I'll undelete it tonight and take a look. Cheers! 8)
Pages: 1 2 3