The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Hello and welcome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and welcome to all members,

Thanks for letting me to be one of you.

On the beginning maybe I will say few words about myself... how did I get here?!
I guess as many people here I saw the car in BTTF and all started. I spent a lot of time on internet looking for information about DeLorean, gathering all photos on my hard drive etc.
All kids got dreams, but I saw an advert : "live the dream" and I thought, why not, for great Scott!
That was about 10 years ago (Now I'm 26).

When I was on my second year of high school I said to my teacher that I will take my finals in Physics and she started to laugh, because I was lucky to pass a semester in that subject.
I had my target, to get to University of technology and study something related to cars.
I spent long hours to learn, took extra lessons etc. My final result was best in whole city. My teacher couldn't believe it. Satisfaction - priceless. ("... for rest I paid with mastercard" :lol: )

I graduated in Electrical Engineering with specialization in electric and electronic systems in vehicles. Few weeks after that I moved to England to find a job in automotive industry. Reason for such step was fact that in Poland (I'm Polish) we have only few car factories, but they only produce cars, I wanted to be part of design group, be like JZD...

It took me one year to find what I wanted. Now I live and work in Milton Keynes. I'm proud to be electrical engineer working for Nissan in design department of electric harness layout and specification.

During all those years I worked a lot on cars and motorcycles. At the moment I'm restoring 1964 scooter - Heinkel Turist 103A2 (175ccm, 4 stroke with dynastart system). I recently finished renovating rear axle in Jag XK8. Soon starting with front suspension plus engine rebuild.... (in case you need some sand/glass blasting let me know, I made quite big cabin for it).

My next step at the moment is to buy a DeLorean. Looking rather for a project car as I really enjoy challenges. I'm thinking about fitting a 3.0 V6 BiTurbo PRV engine (it is an evolution of 3.0 V6 from Alpine A610 developed with the assistance of German tuning firms Hartge and Irmscher). Engine code is Z7X-726 or Z7X-727 - two turbochargers KKK model code K04 cooled by oil and liquid. This engine was generating 262HP in Renault Safrane Biturbo 4x4 (806 ever made).
Such project was already done so I guess it might be a member of this forum. At the moment I have 2 Safrane's in my family, but they are diesels... However I know few guys who own BiTurbos and done some proper work to engines so it is very valuable for me.

About interior... I simply don't like it. I would like to redesign it. With 3D scanners and 3D printers it is quite easy. Even adopting climatronic with new HVAC system might be achieved.

I could talk long hours about what I want to do...
at the moment all the puzzles are getting in proper place Wink I think I'm on good route to make my "dream car", I know it will take few years, but I'm kinda "hard to break guy".
You can try to say, that is not possible, but... just wait 8)

Meanwhile I would like to get in touch with you guys, I read few topics and I'm really exited about knowledge that some people are representing!

I will do my best to help you, as I have some automotive connections :wink:
(and my private knowledge/experience, I'm quite good with electric fault finding and many more...
I own also 20T hydraulic press if you need some bush/bearing change)

any DeLorean is always welcome in front of my garage!

Any DeLorean events in near future? I attended EuroTec in Norfolk in 2007 or 2008... That was one of my triggers also! :roll:
Hi and welcome also!
As I'm sure your aware project cars in the Uk are few and far between your best bet would be to import a project from the US or perhaps have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5206
MartinG has done lots of work on turbo'd PRV engines and may be worth having a chat with (stunned monkey) also Starglider is having a superb twin turbo PRV car built: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4324
I'm sure we must have met and you would have met a lot of the people on the forum as you have attended our Eurotec events, this years event is down in Swanage, Dorset: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4745 your more than welcome to attend, if you want me to send you some more details on the club or the last newsletter on the 2014's event just drop me a 'pm' with your name and address and I will send you some info.
Chris
Hi Reinsh, looking forward to an interesting build thread, have you seen this car? Craziest custom DMC-12 I've seen outside of Rich W's projects (limo/convertible/monster truck etc).

I am sure Martin G ('stunnedmonkey') will be chiming in soon about the BiTurbo swap, he is very into PRV engines of all kinds.

P.S. Did you see the thread about project DeLoreans for sale in Norway, and possibly a club trip over there to purchase one or more? Might be ideal for you.
Hi Reinsch,
Welcome to the forum and the great introduction.

I've been a DeLorean owner for twelve years and have lived in Milton Keynes for the last nine years. Great city for driving fast as most of the roads have a 60/70 mph speed limit.

If you would like to meet up for a run and a look over of the car (it has had a lot of 'hidden' modifications) private message me.
Hi Reinsche, welcome to the DOC-UK and the forum.

Martin used to have a Venturi too, which was I think one of the most high performance
PRV engined cars ever made. He'll be able to tell you more I'm sure.

I like your ideas for upgrading a De though, and I'm sure an interior re-design would be
a very interesting thing to do. I've often wondered about a Lambo-esque Alcantara
dashboard for starters.

I reckon if you spoke to Stian in Norway, one of his project cars would be ideal for what
you are looking for based on what you want to do.

Good luck with the project, and it will be handy for you having Chris Hawes close by to keep
that DeLorean buzz going Smile And it will be great to see you in Dorset, you are more the welcome
to come and join us all (20-22 June).
Hello all and thanks for replies!

Chris W, I was on EuroTec just for maybe an hour or so in 2007 or 2008, so I rather don't know anybody from DeLorean world. Only one guy called Tom (deloreana.com). I will send you PM in sec with my details Wink

Starglider, thanks for Norway topic... it is really interesting, might join the "lord of the ring" team that will go for adventure to Norway. Good opportunity to get project car that I'm looking for...
It came a bit earlier that I was planning, but if deal will be good I will let it happen. My plan was to get something next year, after I get proper garage, but... I can do that in meantime 8)

Guinney1971, thanks for invite for Dorset meeting. I might pop up for few hours to say hello and introduce myself.

I met Chris Hawes today and had a spin around the city plus some garage talk. Big thanks again Chris! It was a pleasure. Looking forward for next meeting.