The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Delorean Doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Delorean doors, how much do they usually go for 2nd hand?

I dont known wether to get doors, or get mine repaired. the rest of the car is ok, just bad bodyshop whacking and ginding and punching holes in them to get the filler to stick... Sad
RobScott Wrote:Delorean doors, how much do they usually go for 2nd hand?

I've never seen them advertised on their own, occassionally someone in the US has a parts car breaking but those things would be a real pain to pack and ship. New-old-stock ones are 1000 GBP ish each from DeLorean EU.

Quote:I dont known wether to get doors, or get mine repaired.

Repair will almost certainly be cheaper. P J Grady Europe are excellent for welding and regraining them.
if i could find a door with the lower half damaged then it could easily be repaired.

[Image: 58285_10153016929980646_994227728_n.jpg]

but i'm thinking i may need a panel beater to fab up the top half of the door?
Looks like a job for Chris Nicholson.
The great mind behind bashing in, and puncturing these doors; needs a good panel beating himself.
Grim :|
Scratches head!!

Looking at that image, it never ceases to amaze me how in some cases a car or panel can be in such a bad state. A complete butcher once worked on this car it seems! Then again, the sympathy I have for anyone taking on a job like that (with their eyes wide open )is minimal, because at the end of the day, any person should know what they are getting into before committing to buying a car blind from an honest man in the USA...!! Buy cheap buy twice is the saying!

I presume this is what's happened here, only you probably had no idea the door was such a mess!

Images like this should be displayed in a segment of the forum to show and warn potential buyers of the hidden nightmares that can lurk from importing a car without viewing it first.

Good luck with getting it sorted Rob, It will be amazing to see the before and after pictures!

I do hope you get it sorted and manage to save the door.

Big Grin

Ben
It certainly shows the pitfalls of buying a painted car……this is not the first and will not be the last painted car to cover up such a terrible bodge.
yup was a painted car. but for £4.5k for a complete low milage car with loads of new parts, plus a few spares, origional cover, manuals, i thought it was worth a punt Smile

The worst parts are the right hand side door top, the lower half is mint!

And the left hand side door under the mirror.

[Image: 1005434_10153016936950646_173558243_n.jpg]
[Image: 954771_10153105302420646_457859148_n.jpg]

[Image: 995718_10153016924890646_1045534560_n.jpg]

The panels are coming up good, alltho i havent spent any time on the doors, apart from stripping the paint off

[Image: 3639_10153066219790646_1692795481_n.jpg?...e=53BE81DB]
I think it was a good buy…..its just such a shame some D**K head chose to make things much worse than they need have been.
Hi i have a door like this, if i remember it has slight dent to the top and alot of damage to the bottom.
hi Brian, what sort of price are you looking for the door?
Hi Rob i thought you might ask that, i realy have no idea i have never seen one sold, i purchased it with a few other delorean bits in the idea it could be repaired. i was thinking maybe £350 please some one on here tell me if im way out i wont be insulted as i have only got new price to go on. Im located near Hereford cheers Brian
Hi Brian, I was thinking maybe 200 english pounds would be ok?

Cheers

Rob
Pages: 1 2