The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Vin #6648 on it's way home!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys - I joined in December as a member. I am proud to announce that I bought Vin #6648 on eBay recently. The car is in California and has just been collected by the shipping agent (I was waiting for this confirmation before spreading the word!) The car has done 3, 116 miles, is black interior and is a manual. It is one the later 82 models, registered as an 83, and has the dealer stripe on it (which I like from the pictures but will see when it turns up). I am collecting it from port on a trailer and will be going over the engine with my father and doing the upgrades on lights etc. ready for MOT. It has been my dream to own one for many many years, and I am really excited mine is now on it's way. I realy look forward to coming to an event and seeing you all with it.

Thanks!
Paul
congratulation Paul…..it will be a long few weeks wait for you!
Thanks Chris - I know, thankfully I have a holiday between now and then to eat up a couple of weeks!
Congratulations!

Black interior? The VIN-list says a grey interior for VIN#06648 ...
Thanks Andy!

Can I check what Vin List you use? I had a look at the Citizen Kidd thing, but it didn't have that info on it. I have pictures from the seller and also from my friend who went to view the car which show it is a black interior.
Me being a bit thick - it is Vin 16648 - sorry! Realised I should have put the five numbers as it was one of the later ones!
The Citizen Kidd VIN-list for VIN#06648 says "6648 81 Grey 5 Speed Nov-81 MN".

Not much info on VIN#16648 (august 1982), except that it should be a black AUTOMATIC (you say it has a manual gearbox?). Maybe it had a gearbox change somewhere in the past? Anyway, it was bought in 1999 by the previous owner (probably the guy you bought it from - no name) and has been for sale a couple of times on Craiglist and Ebay. No further info ...
I wish I could start this again, fairly embarassed now!

It is an automatic, not a manual. I think I typed that because I was thinking to myself that the most appealing combo is manual with grey interior, and this is the opposite.

Anyway - it's been collected and should be with me in a few weeks! I'll keep you guys posted on progress!
Maybe a bit lost in the excitement of becoming a DeLorean owner? No problem, I know the feeling! Big Grin

Pictures and progress is always nice to follow ...
Congratulation on your purchase Wink
Are U sure it's a Delorean, not a Bricklin?? :lol: JK

Congrats!! Big Grin Big Grin
paulb Wrote:I wish I could start this again, fairly embarassed now!

It is an automatic, not a manual. I think I typed that because I was thinking to myself that the most appealing combo is manual with grey interior, and this is the opposite.

Anyway - it's been collected and should be with me in a few weeks! I'll keep you guys posted on progress!

You think they are all the same, but they are not, really. We have a stainless steel crystal ball (?) and see everything, know everything............ the previous owner was called ...... Ben, no, no, he was Ken...... :twisted:

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of it.
Congratulations on your purchase. Big Grin
Thanks for your congrats guys (and taking the 'p' out of me!)

Apparently it is in the warehouse waiting to be shipped!